Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a blue nose male I have ADBA papers and pedigree for him. He has Razors Edge in his blood line. I was trying to figure out what a fair stud fee would be? Any and all feedback is appreciated.
Thanks,
Jess

·
scratchin hard
2,147 Posts
you'd probably have to pay give or take 100 or so about a grand...with the blu nose add 250.00... and with the razor's stuff in there it'llcost you an xtra 500.00 be my guess....so you lookin at payin out between 1500 and 2000.00
sounds fair....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was under the impression that the owner of the female would pay a stud fee for the male to breed with their female

·
scratchin hard
2,147 Posts
naaa times have changed....matter a fact done alil checking....that razor blood will cost u a grand xtra.going by the kbb of highly bred dogs of the north America's... shoot man what did u git that dog for???? man!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had him since he was a pup hes 3 now and hes like my son I love him to death I have 3 other pits another male and 2 females all with papers and they're all like my kids but i originally paid $300 for him

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
What has your dog done that has proven that it is breeding worthy? Just because your dog has a great personality, papers and balls doesnt mean it should be bred. ADBA papers on a dog with "Razor Edge" blood means you have an American Bully most likely and he should have ABKC papers. Somewhere down the line papers were obviously hung on your dog. I hate to have to be the one to tell you this, but it's the truth. It doesn't make him any less of a dog though! I would just get him neutered and enjoy him as a pet, maybe get into some sports or obedience work with him.
There are seriously TONS of these dogs just like yours in the shelter and we really don't need more. :/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have 7 generation pedigree he is an american pit bull terrier and he makes great puppies... He and my other female, who I also have papers and a 7 gen pedigree, mated (not on purpose) when he was a year and a half and thats where my other 2 pits came from. All of the rest of the pups went to good background checked homes. My female is too old to breed now. I was just looking into possibly studding him out.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Due to paper hanging and mixing in of other breeds, you have to look at the bloodlines that said dog is claiming to be from to know what you have. Dave Wilson himself admitted to crossing in other breeds when he created the Razor Edge bloodline. Razor edge is not American Pit Bull Terrier (though the papers will say so since it started off way way way way WAY back as one as well as AmStaffs)

Making great puppies is definitely not a reason to breed. Sounds like you just want to make a quick buck...which we do to support here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not at all what I am trying to do I love the breed and know the hardships they face if I was just trying to make money i would not do the research I would just put some bs on craigslist I was just trying to get some information not a lecture or to be judged you know nothing about me or my dogs and have no right to judge either of us coach

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
Well I'll judge them. Theres enough crappily bred razors edge dogs that haven't done anything to prove worth feeding let alone breeding. Unless your dogs a show champ, caught hogs, or champed in some sport the dog isnt worthy of breeding. Point blank.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I was hoping to get all the info I needed to stud him out I started by asking how much I should charge and I was going to go from there but you all are so quick to judge I never got to the point of asking more questions im trying to do this the right way because I really do love these dogs Ive hosted numerous events in my community to raise pit bull awareness but anyway its obvious that im not going to get any help here so ill just leave and not come back thanks for nothing... Oh and as for you "just tap pits" what have you done to prove that YOU'RE worth feeding have you won any championships or any bs like that?

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Here we do not believe in breeding just to breed or because dogs make cute puppies. We look at what accomplishments make your dog worth being bred? Do you show, weight pull, hog hunt? Or are they just pets? You should breed for a purpose and to better the breed. No on is being rude, they're being honest. I have unpapered dogs. They're neutered, spayed, and one that will be when he's older. I will not be breeding him because I like his temperament and think he's a gorgeous dog(even though I do but I'm biased;))

Also, razors edge is an American bully line as others said. It is NOT an American pit bull terrier line. You can post your ped up on here and others can help explain. There are a lot of people here with Ambullies. Stick around and have an open mind. Ask questions, read the stickies. There is a lot of great information here you just have to be willing to learn and not reject everything you don't agree on.

·
scratchin hard
2,147 Posts
hmmmm!!! yall,i got to admit. even I think ya mite have pulled the trigger to quik...
I was just jerkin the dude's chain... and was going to clu him into whats what.
but not sayin yall were wrong but maybe a bit quik and ruff.

maybe we are a bit hasty sometimes to point out the wrong doins when in reality we should wait and let the mash rise before we scoop it off.
I can see where his 1st question wood raise a flag but when you read what else he said if it's truthful,comes across as wanting to learn also...

don't get me wrong now,ima not disagreeing with what was said just that it mite have been handled different......

dam did I just say that.....?...i'm gittin soft.....:snow:

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Eh, if he wanted to learn he wouldn't be saying we are judging him...if he is claiming to be an advocate for the breed like he said, then he would know about all the millions of dogs like his put down in shelters because of mindless over breeding. A person who is passionate about advocating for the breed and responsible breeding wouldn't just post a question about how much he should charge for a stud fee without giving some background info on why he is breeding, etc. especially to a forum where there are a ton of people who are going to assume he is a byb. Something is not adding up. Of course people are going to jusge him if he comes on a public forum asking a question like that :p If he is a serious advocate for these dogs, then please read around the forum and have an open mind.

·
scratchin hard
2,147 Posts
ok coach...u the coach!..lol.what eva u say coach!.nxt play coach...put me in coach...want some water coach?...want me to chew your gum fer ya coach?...gotta go to the head coach? heres a bucket coach!.:poke:.:thumbsup:

ida most likely dropped the hammer to,i just liked how i's doin it hahaha...:angeldevi

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
No titles of any sort , no OFA , PennHipp , no VWD screen , no cardiomyopathy screen...............

Oh BUt WAIT , it's an " OH MY!!!!".............Razors Edge " dawg" si it just MUST , must MUST be worth breeding to everything under the sun , I mean goooooollllllyyyyyy Sarge I betcha it would produce if bred to that that fencepost right THAR.........

Hey I got a nice little Boudreaux bitch that you can breed that crap to , here's the catch though , she will remain unmuzzled and free of a breeding stand.

Bring an onion sack , you'll be needing it.

Dollar signs in the eyes , byb , puppypeddling clown , gonna whine and leave because we're all " judgemental" , don't let the door hit ya where nature split ya on your way out ta door.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Bahaha COACH is my favorite brand of purses lol!! :p

Reactions: Michele T

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Hey coach.. what you got like 17 purses? I love that lil boudreaux you got.. man.... more each time I see him. I haven't seen to many boudreaux dogs I like, a few. You got a good one.

To the OP
Your stud fee should be a pup. Providing you do have registered dogs, sell the pup with papers of course no jankyness.. Because your not an established breeder, nor an avid bulldog conisuer. At most 300-500. A dog is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay or his weight in work JMO

1 - 20 of 32 Posts