Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we noticed our pits limping whenever he walks since last week and the limping is getting worse as the day passed. took him to the vet after christmas and told us that our dogs had a ruptured ligament on his right leg. we will bring him to the vet in rocherster to get a 2nd opinion.

·
Administrator
5,674 Posts
Sorry to hear that gon. Hopefully, he will be able to get by with rest and rehab. Until you do get him in for a second opinion I would suggest taking him out on a leash and the rest of the time spent in a crate/kennel to prevent any further damage. These dogs have such a high level of pain tolerance that they can further injure themselves.
Please keep us updated on what the second opinion is. Best of luck.

Joe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry to hear your pups got the same thing my buddy Pete is currently dealing with. Search TPLO surgery. It's the route we took after much research. Apparently it's more common than I thought. We have a super Surgeon specializing in ONLY these procedures. He has a Pitty and had both his knees fixed too. Our family Vet has 2-Pitts and they both had the same Surgeon do the TPLO on her dogs. He said it was Med Vets #1 surgery, and they do around 4-5 daily. It's not cheap but we felt necessary in our situation. We'll probably be doing his other knee after this one heals. His 1st 2 weeks went so well, and the hard part now is keeping him calm while he's healing with NO running, jumping, or stairs.... at all 4-6 weeks. In 3 days he wasn't limping at all, and acts like nothings wrong... he just doesn't understand all the cage time, and no long walks to the field... for now anyway. Then he'll be back to 100% when it's all done. Luckily he's young and 85 lbs. Strong. Good luck, but patience will be the hard part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts