Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cannot believe she just humped on me!!!!! what in the world??!!
she's done that three times already!! but the first two times lasted only half a second, so i didn't quite recognize so i let it go, this time it was a full action!! oh my word!! how can i stop her from doing that???

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had that problem with our beagle as a kid, also female... Only did it to me & on rare occasion. Haven't had the problem since so not really sure but others might have advice
hmmmm...sugar is a rescue, so i thought maybe before we had her she was with boy dogs and picked up the behavior then..she does that scratching floor move too after using the bathroom like a boy dog.

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
hmmmm...sugar is a rescue, so i thought maybe before we had her she was with boy dogs and picked up the behavior then..she does that scratching floor move too after using the bathroom like a boy dog.
Our beagle was a rescue too, she was well matured when we got her & just started doing it one day.

I was a book nerd & went to the library on average. I remember reading somewhere that when pups are in the womb if say a girl is between two boys they can have male traits later in life, like the testosterone levels could be higher in a female than normal... IDK but that's an interesting point you made too though.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Our beagle was a rescue too, she was well matured when we got her & just started doing it one day.

I was a book nerd & went to the library on average. I remember reading somewhere that when pups are in the womb if say a girl is between two boys they can have male traits later in life, like the testosterone levels could be higher in a female than normal... IDK but that's an interesting point you made too though.
haha you're funny ;)
but i guess that's the answer we'll never be able to figure out! lol
i've never had a girl dog that did this so it kinda freaked me out a bit!

·
Registered
859 Posts
humping can also be a sign of dominace my pup did this to me twice and corrected her both times and since then she never did it again.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
It is not a sexual thing, she is asserting dominance over you. My advice is to correct her and nip it in the bud before it becomes an annoying problem. My brother has a 5 yr old spayed Golden Retriever and she humps EVERYTHING. If you get down on the floor to play with her she will try to hump you. She doesn't do it to my brother, but his wife who is 5'1 and 80 lbs is often "assaulted." Poor Kangol, who is the same age and plays with Gracie a lot, has never ever humped anything in his life and he wasn't fixed until age 3, but Gracie always dominates him. Although it is kind of funny because he's suppoed to be Big Bad Mr Tough Guy it is super annoying. I always make a loud "ah ah" noise if she tries it with me and tell her no. Make sure she knows who is boss though because if she thinks that she is the dominant one obedience is downhill from there.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
My girl Roxie began to do the "boy scratching" thing after she went to the bathroom a couple of months ago, but has never tried to hump me. She tried to hump Kane once, but I corrected her and she hasn't done it since. My boy Kane went through a period of trying to hump Roxie and I did the same with him, although like you, the first couple of times he did it, he got by me without corrections because I was so surprised.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It is really common with female dogs. They usually only try to hump girls or kids. It is a dom issue. You gotta hold your ground ladies! Haha! Don't let them get away with it!

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
I agree with this being a dominance issue.

After I adopted Gracie she had an accident on the floor. As I bent over to clean it up, she came up behind me and put her head on my shoulder. At first I thought, oh how sweet, but then she started humping me!! Not so sweet LOL.

She did this a couple of time prior to being taught who the boss of the house was, and once she understood it wasn't her, she never did it again.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I agree with this being a dominance issue.

After I adopted Gracie she had an accident on the floor. As I bent over to clean it up, she came up behind me and put her head on my shoulder. At first I thought, oh how sweet, but then she started humping me!! Not so sweet LOL.

She did this a couple of time prior to being taught who the boss of the house was, and once she understood it wasn't her, she never did it again.
That is too funny! Sneaky little devil!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts