Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found the source of Bruno's skin issues..... His collar.
Now the question is....What collar should I buy him ,that wont irritate him?
Before he had a Leather collar,right now I have a cloth collar on him A non slip, I think? Anyway, It hasn't given him a reaction,but I don't want to use this collar on him all the time cause it's a correction collar,and he walks fine.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the same problem with Perciville, i got him a stainless steal choke chain (which helped with the pulling) and it dosent break his skin out anymore. The collar he had tho was a cotton collar from walmart... that may have been the reason. lol

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I paid about $25 for the collar Bruno had on. I figured it wasn't a high quality leather. However the dye on the collar kept coming off,and dying his neck. I think that was a lot of the issue.

I don;t like choke chains,that is why I am having an issue. Plus,he doesn't pull,so he doesn't really need one.
I have the same collar(but different color) for Beia,and she has no issues. Bruno is just allergic to EVERYTHING. I am starting to think,that is the reason he was at the shelter. Poor guy.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
i use leather on my dogs usually but i pay for high quality and they arent on them all the time, teh only ones that stay on are the stainless double chain martingales , I like them cause they dont get hot and sweaty under them they move easily and dont rub on them anywhere like fabric or leather can.

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Is he allergic to nylon ?

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Angel- the martingales are nice. It's like a friendly choker but looks nicer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i understand i hated the thought of a choke chain for my staff. I used it as a last resort. His collars used to make his skin rash up and his fir fall out. :hammer: if he is in the grass too long he hives up... and sometimes he just hives up for no reason! its scary i thought he would die a few times. maybe a collar with no color or a all natural fiber collar?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
LOL i love how they look , I admit I bought it purely on looks , love the double chains :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Where could i find one of those? I do so hate the way choke chains look. I don't know how outsiders looking in feel bt it makes my dog look aggressive or somethin. idk

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
You can also pad his regular collar with a fabric that is non irritating to him.

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
I would not do any type of slip because he could get it stuck and strangle. I have had collar issues with a few of my dogs too. You can try a padded collar and go thiner not like a 1" or 1.5" collar. You can also try a rolled leather collar, that would be my first choice and they work great. I have a few of those on my more sensitive dogs and they work great.
You can find them just about any where but this is what they look like.

Rolled Leather Dog Collars

1 - 16 of 16 Posts