Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so Odie is chewing and itching on himself. Like not bad but it is driving me crazy, no he has no fleas, and he eats TOTW and gets vitamins. Was wondering if I could give him fish oil pills at his age, he is 4 months old today. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dry heat, no rain in months, well a little but nothing significant and it sux, poor guy, I feel bad for him. Thanks Lisa, just didn't know if it would be ok with him being his age and all :D Hugs

·
Registered
546 Posts
What about vaseline? Or cetaphil? Cetaphil is a skin cleanser and moisturizer but I've never heard of anyone else using it on their dogs besides me... I would google before using just in case. Target makes a generic of it since its like 6 or 8$ a container. Lilys fur absorbs it really well and I can mix it with her sunscreen.

Okay, after googling I found out cetaphil IS safe for dogs. Other owners also suggested clotrimazole 1% cream and vet prescribed shampoo for a condition similar to what you mentioned.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome thanks again Lisa, I will have to go get him some and yes this heat is just out of control.

Rock - I will look that up and see what I can find, thanks for that girl :D Hugs

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks girl, if I can find what you are talkin bout at Target then so be it, if not I will go with the fish oil pills, my vet is awesome but not sure he would have the stuff and I don't need a medicated shampoo, lol. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it though:D

·
Registered
117 Posts
its the heat! happen every yr to my dogs. No fleas or anything but my girl especially will scratch and chew herself raw. I found oatmeal baths and wipes to help a bit. Never did fish pills, tell if it works please. If it does Ill start that with them as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts