Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can dogs get sunburns?.... i think karma has one we were outside for a while today and i noticed that her ears and her nose it red. i know this might seem like a stupid question but i just wanted to know. and is there anything i can do for her? thanks :)

Reactions: wittypits

·
Inkd & Dogs gotta love it
2,074 Posts
blondie03044 said:
can dogs get sunburns?.... i think karma has one we were outside for a while today and i noticed that her ears and her nose it red. i know this might seem like a stupid question but i just wanted to know. and is there anything i can do for her? thanks :)
Yes they can get sunburns just like we do. Lighter the pigment the faster the burn.

Go get any of the sun protector lotions and put on nose and anywhere else the dog is getting RED.

Get one that is 30 + anything less then that will still allow the dog to burn.

Make sure to run in. Will not make dog sick,

Deb

3,968 Posts
onyx gets so hot just sitting out side in 80 degree weather i dont leave him out long ennough to get one. im sure his black fur doesnt help either!!

·
2,074 Posts
hell no they wont go said:
onyx gets so hot just sitting out side in 80 degree weather i dont leave him out long ennough to get one. im sure his black fur doesnt help either!!
Black or dark fur will soak up the heat and if the skin underneathe is not dark with pigment they also can get a sunburn.

be careful

3,968 Posts
geisthexe said:
Black or dark fur will soak up the heat and if the skin underneathe is not dark with pigment they also can get a sunburn.

be careful
his skin is very light underneath. i dont leave him out if the temp is higher then 80 5 mins out in that weather and it looks like his tongue is going to fall outa his mouth!!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i didnt know that u could use regular sun screen on dogs, u lern somethin new everyday i guess. thanks though ill know that for next time. maybe thats why shes been lazy lately cuz i always get tired when im sunburned. would i be able to put some aloe on her ears and nose cuz there kinda red?

·
2,074 Posts
blondie03044 said:
i didnt know that u could use regular sun screen on dogs, u lern somethin new everyday i guess. thanks though ill know that for next time. maybe thats why shes been lazy lately cuz i always get tired when im sunburned. would i be able to put some aloe on her ears and nose cuz there kinda red?
yes you can put aloe on the dogs ears and nose. it will not hurt the dog at all.

Deb

·
Banned
86 Posts
sunburn maybe

it could of been several things, she might have gotten sunburned but she also might have an allergy and had an allergic reaction to whatever it is she might be allergic too, or she might of gotten overheated. p.s. next time remember to grab a bottled water to take with you, cause this summer is gonna be whooo hot espically if your in the south like we are.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts