Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took panda to get neutered today, and he did fairly well. He did not start any arguments amongst the dogs but two dogs started confrontations with him. He would be sleeping drooling on the floor and then this dog walks in and BAM lets park at the sleeping dog. I've never seen him like that I don't know if its because he's aggressive towards other dogs or because he was stressed/ anxious that I got that reaction? Even when we go on walks and he see's another dog his reaction is maybe two seconds and i correct him and keep walking and its done, but with these two other male dogs his reaction was like 15-20 seconds long and I couldn't stop it and then everyone looks at me because its a pit bull but they don't the stupid cockerspaniel that started it. So finally after a hour of waiting we finally went into the vet room and she did an examination on him and told me his pinch collar was too tight (not really) and then I told her that he didn't like anything going in his butt....and then she started messing with his knee's and popped the back left one out of place and he cried! He had knee dysplaysia when we first got him due to malnutrition or hereditary but either way 3 weeks of 1/2 beef and food with a egg and it was perfect. THEN she tells me he's going to have bad arthritis when he gets older......

Then he goes into the kennel and i go on my way being sad alll day its too quiet in my house without him....and then I call at 3 to check on him....So i call and i asked about panda making sure he was ok and all this lady said to me was "why are you asking" .....???:confused::mad: maybe because he's MY DOG?

Then I tried called them to find out what time they closed and i called the clinic 7 TIMES and no one answered. FINALLY i got a hold of the front desk and ask what time they closed because my boyfriend was on his way to pick him up and they said 6 and I said my boyfriend is ON THE WAY this was at 5:40 and the guy told me its not his responsibility to wait around for him to come if he isn't there by 6 they would be closed....their ADOPTION agency is open in till 7 so i asked if one of them could hold him while my boyfriend came because traffic sucks and once again its not his responsibility.....my boyfriend showed up at 6:03 AND THE DOORS WERE LOCKED....... so now i have no idea if hes ok or not they have a stupid automated answering machine and i cannot actually talk to a REAL PERSON im beyond pissed off you couldn't wait 3 MINUTES when i clearly told them he was on his way. I hate them so much. wow. how am i supposed to know if he's ok? WHEN AM I SUPPOSED TO PICK HIM UP?

OH and they are going to charge me a $50 fee for keeping him overnight, that was nicely put on the paper.

They only have a stupid voice answering machine and you can't leave voice mails....I cannot wait in till tomorrow i am going to complain in till there ears make :poop: Do they even have a manager omg i hate them so much

I am never never NEVER doing this AGAIN:flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am so sorry. All you can do is write up after you get Panda back as many places as you can about how horrible they were. Post on Yelp.com, facebook, myspace. Post here and anywhere else on the internet where you can post reviews. Wait until after you pick up Panda though.

I am really sorry.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
That really sucks hard :( I'm sure Panda will be ok though. Don't be so stressed. I'd just go down in the morning and pick him up and then ask for their supervisor or manager and tell them what happened. That is way BS. Sorry they did that to you.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah but i feel like their skrewing me over because i didn't pay for him to get neutered so is this how they can get me to pay something?? How can you not wait 5 MINUTES for someone if you truly cared about animals....realllly???

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
I can't elaborate on what Shiver and kg420 ( I wish I knew your names) said cause they're 100% correct. Don't sweat it till you get Panda, then tear them a new one! So sorry to hear this, both of you will be in my prayers ( this list gets longer and longer).

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's just unbelievable because they front like they care about animals, yeah so much that they can leave them in a kennel drunk and then when they wake up they have no idea where they are or where their family is let alone his balls! What if he has to pee? Is their overnight people there i uno, if there is maybe they should learn how to answer a phone. ughhhh

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would think there would be overnight people there. Can you give us the name of where you took Panda. I don't plan to cause any trouble until it is resolved but I would love to spend some time researching them.

My name is Karen. :) I have been using the name Shiver on the internet for roughly 25 years I think. (back when the internet was BBS)

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
It's just unbelievable because they front like they care about animals, yeah so much that they can leave them in a kennel drunk and then when they wake up they have no idea where they are or where their family is let alone his balls! What if he has to pee? Is their overnight people there i uno, if there is maybe they should learn how to answer a phone. ughhhh
I understand where you are emotionally right now. I always look at things from the animal's point of view, which usually get my guts tied up in a knot. I really think he'll be alright, especially with everyone on this forum praying for him. Worrying sucks! I know cause I'm real good at it.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
I would think there would be overnight people there. Can you give us the name of where you took Panda. I don't plan to cause any trouble until it is resolved but I would love to spend some time researching them.

My name is Karen. :) I have been using the name Shiver on the internet for roughly 25 years I think. (back when the internet was BBS)
Very nice to meet you Karen, my name is Christian. We are probably similar in ages;)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He was at the Chicago ANTI-cruelty society. I was there at 7:40 and they open at 8 and there was already a line of like 15 dogs down the block. When i went inside it was different people working and i told them my situation and I just stood there waiting for a responce and they told me to have a seat......FINALLY (no joke) after they went threw everyone else even the people that came in AFTER ME they released Panda to me at 9:40.....and I had to pay a $50 charge. They couldn't wait 5 minutes for me, but i get to wait two hours for them. And to top it off I could tell that they didn't feed him or give him water bc as soon as he went outside he peed and it was super dark yellow, and when he got home he ate his food and drank a lot of water and went to sleep in his kennel. He has a scratch on his nose and a bump and his face is all red. He is very happy to be home though now he wont stop cuddling on the couch with my cat :)

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
He was at the Chicago ANTI-cruelty society. I was there at 7:40 and they open at 8 and there was already a line of like 15 dogs down the block. When i went inside it was different people working and i told them my situation and I just stood there waiting for a responce and they told me to have a seat......FINALLY (no joke) after they went threw everyone else even the people that came in AFTER ME they released Panda to me at 9:40.....and I had to pay a $50 charge. They couldn't wait 5 minutes for me, but i get to wait two hours for them. And to top it off I could tell that they didn't feed him or give him water bc as soon as he went outside he peed and it was super dark yellow, and when he got home he ate his food and drank a lot of water and went to sleep in his kennel. He has a scratch on his nose and a bump and his face is all red. He is very happy to be home though now he wont stop cuddling on the couch with my cat :)
Well, at least they got to you in a timely fashion, were friendly about it, didn't overcharge you, and took real good care of Panda (dripping with sarcasm). Looks like this place is gonna have to go down, you bring the matches and I'll supply the gas ;) At least it's over and you have your pup back with you where he belongs. Give that brave dog a hug for me.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The adoption center there has some good reviews. The medical part of the place... yah, sounds like it is not good. I am so glad you got Panda back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts