Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay let's hope I can explain this in a manor where I don't sound too ignorant to the breed or anything! :) Also I did a search in the forum and couldn't find anything on these specifics... let me know if I missed something somewhere.

My husband would like our pup (11 weeks) to gain muscle. We will be training him to pull. My husband has been looking up supplements... Bully Max, K9 Mega, etc.

Has anyone heard anything about these? Are they good? Okay to use? Do they help? Etc. Any input is appreciated. Also, if you have used them when did you start?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
You really shouldn't need things like that if you give him good food with a high protein count. As long as he is getting good, consistent exercise, foods like Wilderness, Acana, Orijen would be more than enough to pack on muscle. Keep in mind that your puppy is only 11 weeks old though and should not be doing any serious workouts at this age.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I just realized we have a bag of Taste of the Wild that is on the recall list. AWESOME. :curse: We don't have the receipt for the bag so we will get a coupon for another bag... umm I don't want another bag! I want new food. We will deff look into the ones you mentioned.

And no, no we don't do anything strenuous with the puppy. He drags the laundry basket around (which I don't think he even knows is there) with his harness for about 2 min. one day a week at most.

Thanks!

·
End-F0rum-Communism
717 Posts
Okay let's hope I can explain this in a manor where I don't sound too ignorant to the breed or anything! :) Also I did a search in the forum and couldn't find anything on these specifics... let me know if I missed something somewhere.

My husband would like our pup (11 weeks) to gain muscle. We will be training him to pull. My husband has been looking up supplements... Bully Max, K9 Mega, etc.

Has anyone heard anything about these? Are they good? Okay to use? Do they help? Etc. Any input is appreciated. Also, if you have used them when did you start?

Thanks!!
Hey whats up Hannah, great looking pup in your avatar!

An 11 week old pup isnt going to gain no muscle because he is still a puppy. At this stage what you would like focus on is training, rather than muscle. The dogs body and structure wont mature until hes atleast 1 year of age.

Something i would recommend, would be K9 Puppy gold it was great nutritional value for pups. It also contains creatine, something the other supplements dont have. Creatine helps with providing over all energy, muscle size, and strength. I take creatine myself. K9 puppy gold has all the nutritional ingredients your pup needs through out his growing stages including creatine.

Good luck!

PS when giving your dog any type of supplement you need to provide alot of WATER

1 - 4 of 4 Posts