Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently adopted a 5 month old black and white full blooded American pit bull terrier. He is 47lbs as of a couple days ago but he seems too thin. I was wondering what would be a good supplement to have him gain mass and muscle? Thank you very much

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
He does not look thin at all, and no supplement alone can build muscle. The only appropriate way to condition a dog is through good old hard work. Exercise and a quality diet.

That said, your dog is far too young to be doing any sort of high-impact exercise or conditioning. Let him grow up and be a puppy. Just keep him at a healthy weight and worry about conditioning later.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
He does not look thin at all, and no supplement alone can build muscle. The only appropriate way to condition a dog is through good old hard work. Exercise and a quality diet.

That said, your dog is far too young to be doing any sort of high-impact exercise or conditioning. Let him grow up and be a puppy. Just keep him at a healthy weight and worry about conditioning later.
YUP.
a 5mo old that is already pushing 50lbs does not need to gain any mass. allow him to develop naturally. exercise through puppy playtime. cultivate an active lifestyle. and don't rely on miracle supplements that will waste your money.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Do you have a pedigree for the dog? When you say full blooded I am guessing you mean purebred?

The reason I ask is 47 lbs average weight for a full grown adult, not a 5 month old pup.

Like BC and Jo said, let the pup be a pup, he is far to young to start any type of rigorous conditioning.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
That dog doesn't look thin at all. In fact, 47 lbs is huge for a dog his age. Are you sure he's purebred? Do you have a ped on him?

Either way, he's just a pup. No need to start some crazy bodybuilding program. Give him time to mature, then worry about putting him in shape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts