Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Conner is my first LARGE dog, was wondering if there are any supplements he should be on.
He is finally on raw full time, Northwest Naturals and Steve's. As well as Pro Balls, probiotics. A skin and coat chews, but that is probably temp as he was having a bit of dandruff.
Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
4,772 Posts
How big is he again? Most premade raw is already supplemented, so you probably don't need to add anything. If he's gonna be a hundred pounder, maybe start with krill oil and green lipped muscles to help keep his joints lubricated and healthy. My last dog was a recessively bred train wreck. So I supplemented a lot and fed Prey Model Raw. If you have a healthy boy, you shouldn't need to supplement much until he hits about 10-12 years.

·
Administrator
4,772 Posts
He should be fine then. The premades are usually well balanced. If you see something in him that shifts in a way you don't like, dry coat, runny poo. Come back and let us know. I'm pretty good on the diet thing and allergies after my experiences. So can prob help.

Reactions: BZOO

·
Registered
83 Posts
Since Conner is my first LARGE dog, was wondering if there are any supplements he should be on.
He is finally on raw full time, Northwest Naturals and Steve's. As well as Pro Balls, probiotics. A skin and coat chews, but that is probably temp as he was having a bit of dandruff.
Thanks in advance!
My thoughts are always to joints. At the least I like to give my dogs Synovi G4 (G3 works for younger dogs, but the G4 has been much better as they head into senior years). I also give salmon or krill oil. Anywho, ya, so joint supplements. I have a muscle builder supplement coming in the mail but I haven't tried it yet so won't recommend it just yet. It is specifically to help my 10 year old dog keep some muscle on his old bones. I'll probably give it to my 7 year old as well. My biggest dog is only 60 lbs, but when I had bigger dogs, joints were definitely just as much a priority if not more so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts