Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Are they really worth the money? I mean between feeding a quality food and adding ACV, yogurt, MSM, glucosamine, and either salmon or flax oil is the other supplement really going to add anything that much better? I've heard people say they wouldn't touch K9 superfuel, bully max, etc. and they aren't necessary. I give the supplements that I listed above. I have an open mind though so enlighten me :)......I mean you have to build up a dogs stamina and endurance regardless of what those supplements claim......or at least I always have.

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The reason why I use Super Fuel is to help with recovery time after a workout and cutting down the possibility of cramping up during workouts. Also during workouts when we stop for a breather he is able to catch his breath much faster while using the supplement vs without. I could care less for the muscle building fat burning whatever, I am just looking for the extra edge to help with his performance and the Super Fuel really helps.

To be more specific I am going to copy and paste from the Super Fuel website why I chose that particular supplement.

Extended Endurance! More Gas in the Tank - Animal Naturals Super Fuel is formulated with readily available fuels to help combat fatigue. New Endurance Fuel component powers slow twitch muscles with long lasting energy for hours. Clean burning gluconeogenic fuels extended endurance. Buffers lactic acid (H+), boost stamina and second wind, sharpen mental focus.

Jump Starts Recovery! Tomorrows performance depends on today's recovery! Accelerate healing and recovery after workouts. Reverse muscle breakdown and cell damage. Recharge muscle glycogen, ATP in hours, not days. Reduce soreness, oxidative damage and stress hormones. Begin the next workout fresh and ready for an injury free peak performance.

Multiple Protein Sources! Chicken, Beef, pork and other Premium Protein Sources.

2. After Workouts: Give K9 SuperFuel within 30 minutes of exercise to support recovery. Turn on metabolic triggers enabling recovery to occur in minutes-not days! Supercharge tissue repair and recuperation.

Every dog is an individual: K9 Super Fuel dosages may be adjusted for age, body weight, environment, time of year, caloric requirement, hyper-metabolism, current condition and other factors.

*Side note* I feed EVO turkey and chicken supplemented with Braggs ACV & salmon and fish oil capsules (fish sources rotated every week) along with the Super Fuel

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have used superfuel many times and have seen ok results and am now trying something new... Hope to see results from this new product.. (see my signature at the bottom)

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have used superfuel many times and have seen ok results and am now trying something new... Hope to see results from this new product.. (see my signature at the bottom)
link isnt showing up but I think it the MVP supplement right?

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes it is D.... sorry i will fix the link..
its all good I may have the page bookmarked actually, I know I've looked at it before. When are you going to start on the new supplement? I would love to hear what you think of it once you start using it.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Interesting for sure......I will keep it in mind when I start working Bella out more as she gets older. She is still a pup so we won't be doing any hardcore conditioning for awhile. Thanks for the info!

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
I'm getting Dakota on K9 Super Fuel and salmon oil next week. We shall see how it goes. >:)

·
Registered
420 Posts
I already started my young hound on it.. hes been on it for about a month now and ive only seen his attitude and energy level go up... cant fully say its the supplement yet... it just could be him growing up...lol.. but have no complaints as of yet...

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I already started my young hound on it.. hes been on it for about a month now and ive only seen his attitude and energy level go up... cant fully say its the supplement yet... it just could be him growing up...lol.. but have no complaints as of yet...
what mvp are you using?

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
still looking into the bully max, i'll get back to your pm.
they have two different kinds that i know of. one is a vitamin and one is more of a muscle builder. i was comparing the bully max vitamin batch to human vitamins and its basically the same thing as the centrium(sp) vitamins lol

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Is muscle milk really gonna give your dog ripped muscles? Let me know how that works out........how your dog turns out has more to do with genetics than supplements I would think. My Bella has been ripped since she was a younger pup at 4 months. Now even more so her shoulders and thighs are pretty thick for a 9 month old. That dog that advertises for bully max looks like a freak of nature to me lol! Good luck with the supplement though keep us posted with before and after pics :)

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
Is muscle milk really gonna give your dog ripped muscles? Let me know how that works out........how your dog turns out has more to do with genetics than supplements I would think. My Bella has been ripped since she was a younger pup at 4 months. Now even more so her shoulders and thighs are pretty thick for a 9 month old. That dog that advertises for bully max looks like a freak of nature to me lol! Good luck with the supplement though keep us posted with before and after pics :)
it has everything todo with genetics. you cant build on a dog that does have a base for muscle structure.
supplements are just to give them an exxtra boost of energy and help build on and repair muscle. it also helps with recovery time.

idk about the muscle milk, im still doing the research to see if it would even be ok to give dog. it was just an idea that popped in my head lol

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I may know of a certain thread that would help you Nizmo, I'll PM you the link if I can find it.

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im using the muscle builder...
I was looking at that weight gainer one and that stuff looks good. Looks like you could use it in moderation to cut out the weight gain but get all the other benefits from it. Keep me posted on how your dog does on this stuff. I have saw it around but never heard of anybody using it yet.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
any updates? interested in the results so far

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.