Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, my first post here and am a nervous pit parent. My almost 8 year old bully (1/2 pit, 1/2 ABD) ate "something" that obstructed his bowel. He had surgery to remove whatever it was (the doc said it looked like a peach pit or something, which didn't come from our house if it was). His surgery was about a week and a half ago and we've been changing the gauze on the incision regularly because of normal drainage from the incision.

Well, dummy went and ate a two of the 2"x2" gauze pads without our even realizing it and now I'm concerned that we're right back where we started. It's too late to induce vomiting because it's been a couple of days.

I put almost $7k into surgery and vet bills for the first obstruction, I just don't have the financial capability to do this all over again.

Anybody have any guesses on whether he'll pass these things or not? If not and he's obstructed again, i'm probably going to have to put him down.

·
Super Moderator
5,404 Posts
Welcome to the forum kcobean. Sorry to hear your having such bad luck with your boy. I'm no vet but after some of the things my dogs have eaten and passed I would think that those gauze pads should pass through. You could call your vet and see if there is something you can give him to help things pass through him. I'm thinking along the lines of some castor oil in his meal. Best of luck and please keep us updated.

Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts