Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i've been walking around the same area for the past 2 weeks and today some guy in his MPV van rolled up with some buddies of his slowing down and checking out my dog. I'm a guy so no pun intended but i don't think he was checking me out. I give him a look like what's up and slowly walk away, i've never seen this car in my area since i kinda remember cars and people's faces. I looked around and took another route home and checked before going into the house. This is the 2nd time not with the same people but i've noticed some creepy stuff going on. Mind you this was during lunch hour so there was traffic and what not. my house has 4 cameras outside covering all entrances and records 24hrs a day. I keep my dog inside in my room (crate) so he's safe. the route i take walking is by a busy street and leads back around into our housing track, i'm taking a half day off tomorrow to scope out the area before walking my dog, i can stay inside the neighborhood but i like to be in open area so the dog gets used to the environment. I might just take my pistol with me this time just in case some b.s pops off, i hate walking with it though and there are patrol cops driving around, i might talk to one of them and tell them what's up. Our Neighbors house about 3 houses down got burgled about 2 months ago. So if anything pops off some fools are gonna be missing limbs and staying in the hospital for the holidays.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
There are a lot of missing pittie posters popping up in my area...So you're not the only one paranoid. This stuff does happen,despite what my local shelter tells me.
Just keep a close eye out.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Ok so i've been walking around the same area for the past 2 weeks and today some guy in his MPV van rolled up with some buddies of his slowing down and checking out my dog. I'm a guy so no pun intended but i don't think he was checking me out. I give him a look like what's up and slowly walk away, i've never seen this car in my area since i kinda remember cars and people's faces. I looked around and took another route home and checked before going into the house. This is the 2nd time not with the same people but i've noticed some creepy stuff going on. Mind you this was during lunch hour so there was traffic and what not. my house has 4 cameras outside covering all entrances and records 24hrs a day. I keep my dog inside in my room (crate) so he's safe. the route i take walking is by a busy street and leads back around into our housing track, i'm taking a half day off tomorrow to scope out the area before walking my dog, i can stay inside the neighborhood but i like to be in open area so the dog gets used to the environment. I might just take my pistol with me this time just in case some b.s pops off, i hate walking with it though and there are patrol cops driving around, i might talk to one of them and tell them what's up. Our Neighbors house about 3 houses down got burgled about 2 months ago. So if anything pops off some fools are gonna be missing limbs and staying in the hospital for the holidays.
haha! :roll: where in CA are you? just curious since your location says southern CA too and i'm wondering if this is going on near me. i'm always on guard when i take my dogs for a walk. i've had people slow down and drive beside me just to say "nice dog" and what not and this always gets me paranoid. :stick:

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Eep. Then I would be the creeper in that situation, lol.

You don't see very many pit bulls walking the streets where I live, so whenever I do and get the chance to, I'll slow down and comment on their dog or I'll even walk up to them and see if I can pet their dog.

Creeper alert! Lol.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha! where in CA are you? just curious since your location says southern CA too and i'm wondering if this is going on near me. i'm always on guard when i take my dogs for a walk. i've had people slow down and drive beside me just to say "nice dog" and what not and this always gets me paranoid.
I'm in Orange County but i live in a pretty mixed neighborhood one side is all suburb houses then you got the apartments and motels in the outer parts of the street. i try to ignore people when i'm walking my dog as much as possible; not that i don't like talking with people, for the most part but yeah people w/o dogs and look at your dog and ask all kinds of question just creeps me out, i mean i talk to some dog owners by my work and pet there dogs they might find me wierd:hammer:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Eep. Then I would be the creeper in that situation, lol.

You don't see very many pit bulls walking the streets where I live, so whenever I do and get the chance to, I'll slow down and comment on their dog or I'll even walk up to them and see if I can pet their dog.

Creeper alert! Lol.
I can't let you confess all alone. I'm a creeper too! :hammer:

We only got Maggie a little over a year ago and before her I had no idea how awesome pitbulls were. I thought I was just showing some love and counteracting the dirty looks and street crossing moves some people make. It didn't occur to me that I might be creeping anyone out. Then again, I'm a grandma and that kinda makes me feel like I can get away with saying and doing weird things! lol

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Well, at least I'm not alone in being a creeper!!

There's at least two of us pit bull creepers out there, maybe more lurking in the shadows of this forum, lol.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
LOL. No one ever suspects the grannies.
I've been known to be a pit bull creeper myself. It happens to the best of us.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Creepers Unite! LOL

Seriously though - even if I weren't a granny I'd hope I'd have better sense than to just slow down and look at someones dog without making a friendly comment. Even if my windows were up I'd at least give a smile and thumbs up. The OP has good reason to feel creeped out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
boy i love texas! first night my puppy came home an older honda accord pulled up and the idiots were trying to call her into the car... they didnt see me in the garage but they saw the laser from my hk usp .45! havent seen em since... the other day, some blue van was creeping, stopping in front of the house, i had my older blue on his tie out.. i was in the garage, n saw em... ive been waiting for some moron to get out n step on the lawn trying to nab on of my dogs. tx law- protect life, protect porperty... since its a house, and if i catch em at night, castle doctrine applies! i guess that makes me a republican lol i carry all the time... never leave home without it. houston texas lol i was walking a dog in a mainly hispanic neighborhood i used to live in, when i was approached by some young gangsters... im asian, n pretty big lol... a young punk pulles out a 380 and asks what i was doing... out comes the 45 and i said im walkin my dog... point is, i carry because its like having insurance better to have it n not need it, than to need it n not have it! saved my rear end more than a couple times... try to hurt my wife, family, dogs, motorcycles, goodbye!

·
CHILD MEMBER
194 Posts
We had a lady from consumers energy come to my house today to check out the meter. She was just speeding down the drive way. When she saw that me and Storm were outside she just goes i didn't think anyone would be home. Why on earth would she think that? Our drive way is extreamly long. She looked at storm and gave her the dirtiest look I've ever seen anyone give our dogs. Storm was out playing with me and she saw the lady and ran up to her and starting licking and wanting to play with her. I was so made! She could of hit my dog and even worse she thought she was a monster! After she says what a little sweetie! So Atleast she got some insight on how these dogs are!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I was going to say that I'm glad that we live just outside of the middle of nowhere so we dont get to many creepers but now that I think about it there was a big green tractor just slowly driving back and forth in the corn field last month

·
CHILD MEMBER
194 Posts
I don't know how I feel about living out in the middle of no where! There have been a lot of reports of roberys latley.

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
dude there have seem so creepy people near the petsmart staring cheza down every time i go. the will drive by real slow staring her down hard even turning in the car. and its not an aww look a puppy look its a "i wander how much that dog will go for or i could breed that" this heffer right here about made a scene last time but then i was already in a bad mood before they started starin her down.

to ^ i'm movin to texas i had FL rules on dogs and property

·
Registered
859 Posts
yea when I would walk my gizmo around some fool actually asked me if I'd fight her with his dog! I said no and practically ran away but I was paraniod he'd let his dog go :/

·
3,272 Posts
yea when I would walk my gizmo around some fool actually asked me if I'd fight her with his dog! I said no and practically ran away but I was paraniod he'd let his dog go :/
:O i would so get a tazer use it on his dog AND him!!! people :hammer:

·
3,272 Posts
oh i already do that lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts