Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Max turned 1 on the 2nd of Jan. I want to switch him from puppy food to adult food. I remember reading somewhere on this forum how to switch. I cant find the thread. Anywho, what do you guys recommend on how to do the switch. I tried mixing the last couple of feeding's I had left of the puppy food with the adult formula. But after 2 days I ran out of puppy food and started giving him only adult food, what a mistake that was. He had the worst case of diarrhea. I went to the store and got him puppy food again and he's getting better. BTW, I feed him chicken soup. Thanks!!!

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I have always fed my dogs all life stages food. Right now Bella is on Blue buffalo grain free chicken. Her breeder was feeding her Taste of the Wild which is also grain free. I switched her in a few days time with no issues. When I used to change my old dogs diet who was eating 3 cups a day I would just give him 2 cups of his old food and 1 cup of the new stuff. I would then increase the amount each day until he was fully on the new stuff. I know there are guidelines for switching but I just figured I would give you my way :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! That is what I was thinking of trying. However, his diarrhea has returned. I think I will not feed him at all today to see if he gets better. If he continues to have diarrhea I will have to take him to the vet. I am not too concerned yet because he still has energy and hasn't vomited. I tried giving him keopactate and that seemed to help some. I also fed him pumpkin with his food yesterday. I'll see how he does today.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it turns out that the diarrhea is not from the food switch. Max just threw up the biggest lint ball that he apparently ingested over a period of time. It had pieces of different blankets that we had given him and then had to remove for that very same reason. This thing was huge, at least a hand full. I am still taking him to the vet to get medicine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.