Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4 month old and she has been on blue buffalo puppy food for about 3 months and is doing great although she spits out the blue things all over the floor. It's kind of funny. I have a chance to get before grain 2 for the price of 1. I am considering switching because of the great deal. She has had before grain before and really liked it. If I gradually switch her over should she be ok with the switch or should I let a good deal go by? Any input would be great.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Judging by its ingredients alone, Before Grain appears to be a very good dog food.
But ingredient quality by itself cannot tell the whole story. We still need to estimate the product's meat content before determining a final rating.
The dashboard displays a dry matter protein reading of 36%, a fat level of 17% and estimated carbohydrates of about 39%.
As a group, the brand features an average protein content of 36% and a mean fat level of 17%. Together, these figures suggest a carbohydrate content of 39% for the overall product line.
Above-average protein. Near-average fat. And below-average carbs when compared to a typical dry dog food.
With no sign of any plant-based protein boosters, this looks like the profile of a kibble containing a significant amount of meat.
Bottom line?
Before Grain is a grain-free dry dog food using a generous amount of named meats as its main sources of animal protein… thus earning the brand five stars.
Enthusiastically recommended.

·
Inkd & Dogs gotta love it
2,074 Posts
I have a 4 month old and she has been on blue buffalo puppy food for about 3 months and is doing great although she spits out the blue things all over the floor. It's kind of funny. I have a chance to get before grain 2 for the price of 1. I am considering switching because of the great deal. She has had before grain before and really liked it. If I gradually switch her over should she be ok with the switch or should I let a good deal go by? Any input would be great.
Before Grain is a much better diet then the standard Blue Buffalo, it is basically the same as the BB Wilderness.
Make sure when switching a puppy over that you do a couple of things
- Start out 1/2 n 1/2 with the kibble for 3 to 5 days.
- Make sure to get yourself some Pumpkin pie filler and add a tablespoon to eat feeding. (will help to keep stool firm)

Your pup should be fine and do great on the new kibble.

Reactions: pitbullmamanatl

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
I feed my boy the Blue Wilderness duck recipe he loves it... You should try that one out, I have him on a raw diet also. Any questions I'll be glad to help :]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts