Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been feed mj BB wilderness... which is 37% protein.

totw is only 32% i believe... ive been thinking about switching her over since i have been feeding her wilderness puppy since she was started on kibble... i have been noticing she is getting bored with the taste i believe... she has no other choice to eat it since i have been feeding her only that.. but i wanted to try it.. whats yall's take on switching to totw for a month or 2, just to try it out see if she like it...

i believe totw is also a all lifew stages formula.. whats your take on that?... i dont understand how they can make a formula for "ALL" dogs...no matter the size.

·
Super Moderator
4,586 Posts
I have Ecko on the High Prairie formula. He likes it a lot. I think the whole "puppy" food is just a marketing scam really. In the wild, wolves and their pups eat the same thing, the only difference is how digested it is before they get it. LOL. It's a good food regardless. It scores high on the comparison chart and is grain free.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright cool, im gonna go get her a 15 lb bag, see how she likes it since im running out of BB... any recommendations on which flavor she would possibly like ?

·
Super Moderator
4,586 Posts
They have several flavors and they just came out with a new one too. Pacific Stream has the lowest protein but costs a few dollars more. I think the new one Sierra Mountain only has lamb as the protein source. Not sure of the pricing on that one. I went with the High Prairie because Ecko was originally eating Natural Balance Venison and High Prairie has Venison and Buffalo so I wasn't changing his protein source too much. With canned pumpkin added I actually had him switched over with solid stool in a week. I guess pick the one with the ingredients you think would best benefit your dog. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,586 Posts
A lot of stores will have sample packs too. I know the pet store I buy mine from does.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I had Kane on the totw Sierra Mountain formula. Had him on that til about 11 months of age when I switched him over to orijen regional red.

Make sure you give your pup the time they need to properly transition to the new food. I'd say at least a month before you can really tell how the dog is doing on it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
ive been feed mj BB wilderness... which is 37% protein.

totw is only 32% i believe... ive been thinking about switching her over since i have been feeding her wilderness puppy since she was started on kibble... i have been noticing she is getting bored with the taste i believe... she has no other choice to eat it since i have been feeding her only that.. but i wanted to try it.. whats yall's take on switching to totw for a month or 2, just to try it out see if she like it...

i believe totw is also a all lifew stages formula.. whats your take on that?... i dont understand how they can make a formula for "ALL" dogs...no matter the size.
How old is your pup? I feed my dogs Blue Buffalo wilderness duck & salmon on a 2 month rotation. They run in circles for it haha. Maybe add a sample of the other flavors. Did you ever lightly wet their kibble? Either way TotW is pretty good

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How old is your pup? I feed my dogs Blue Buffalo wilderness duck & salmon on a 2 month rotation. They run in circles for it haha. Maybe add a sample of the other flavors. Did you ever lightly wet their kibble? Either way TotW is pretty good
she just turned 7... she doing ok with it... i dont think shes to trilled about the flavor change... buts its different, shes never really eatting nothing other thne the puppy formula BBw

i started her on TOTW bison and like i said its OK lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts