Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poor Ms. Indie vomited a little bile this AM, and when I went to clean it up, I noticed her muzzle was swollen up. Nothing major, but worrisome. I'm thinking maybe she was stung by something overnight.. I did hear an insect buzzing about last night. I gave her 25 mg of Benadryl, so hopefully that will solve the swelling issue! If not, it's off to the vet. :(

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Swelling has gone down a lot.. she's sleeping heavily thanks to the benadryl.. snuggled up with my 2.5 year old.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
awww hope she is ok , sounds like a bite or sting to me too. My cat used to attack bees and got stung good one day her whole mouth swelled up was horrible.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Kamakazi got bite/stung by something a couple of time actually, but one time her muzzle swelled and she looked like a bull terrier lol. Hopefully it was just a bite and the Benadryl handled it fine.

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, just killed a big 'ol hornet in our bedroom! So, I'll assume that's what it was. The benadryl worked, and her face is now back to normal. Thank goodness!

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Awwww glad she is doing better :)

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks.. me, too! phew!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Well, just killed a big 'ol hornet in our bedroom! So, I'll assume that's what it was. The benadryl worked, and her face is now back to normal. Thank goodness!
This is wat I was going to say , sounds like my rott he used to eat them and spit them out . It would make him vomit sometimes but his head that was already huge would swell .. poor guy you think they would learn to leave um alone lol

I hope Indie is okay ..

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Indie is fine.. no more vomiting, and her face is normal. :) :cheer: We even got in a session of dock jumping at the reservoir. At this point, it's Throw... run... stop......jump! I will have my niece take some pics next time, as my cam's batteries were dead today. I love how jumping has become her new crack!

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
glad she is feeling better!

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks so much!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.