Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dog for the past 2 days doesn't want to get walked, we use to always walk around the neighbor hood but now she just sits there, and when i give her a lil drag just just sits there too, am i doing something wrong please help I'm bored and just wana walk my dog

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Has she been acting different in other ways,like maybe she's not feeling good?Or has anything happened recently to her on one of y'alls walks?

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
How is she acting around the house? Can you get her to walk with some treats and stuff? Maybe something spooked her or she can have something going on and not feeling OK.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
If she is ok health wise...just coax her with treats, praises and stuff to motivate her to walk. She will be pulling you in no time :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so i found out why she doesn't like to be walked, she doesn't like the leash i took it off her and she followed me around the block, idk why all of the sudden she doesn't like the leash wen i first bought her home her walks were always on leash and now she doesn't like it,
maybe bc i leash her so she can go paty bc i hate it when she roll around in the mud and comes bak in to the house

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
ok so i found out why she doesn't like to be walked, she doesn't like the leash i took it off her and she followed me around the block, idk why all of the sudden she doesn't like the leash wen i first bought her home her walks were always on leash and now she doesn't like it,
maybe bc i leash her so she can go paty bc i hate it when she roll around in the mud and comes bak in to the house
unfortunately this breed needs to be on a leash at all times. I understand you are having issues and are just trying to get your pup to walk, but not wearing the leash is not acceptable. Keep tugging, your pup will eventually move with you.

Has anything changed around your house? Was your pup spooked or is it cold or raining? there could be a few things happening including issues with the hips or something. But since you said she followed you the whole way around d the block I would rule that out.

But please keep your pup on a leash. Some people use prong collars and when they are used correctly can help a stubborn dog get moving. I didn't need to go that route, just added consistency and not getting aggravated and letting my pup win. He quickly learned he has no choice.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
You are the boss. When you want her on the leash...she goes on the leash. You just have to work her psyche a bit. Only you can determine what method works best with your dogs personality. Definitly don't go around un leashed in public thou. Good luck

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Have to agree here. It's not up to the dog whether or not they're on leash. She'll get used to it and it won't kill her unlike many things that can happen to her if she's off leash.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Just drag her when she stops. Dogs don't like to be dragged. After a few feet she'll just give up and start walking with you.

Just keep it up every time she'll get the hint quick enough. You don't have to jerk on her or the leash, just keep trudging along.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts