Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Sunday was Tater's first time on the track at 7 months old. It was only his third time being in a harness!! We are very proud of him!

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
way to go tater :D love to see dogs working :D

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. we are very proud of him. he really is a natural:)

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Defiantly a natural! Lookin good!

·
LOLZ
1,086 Posts
While he does look good, and it's cool he's pulling. Isn't 7mo old a little young to be having him pull anything? His bones and joints arent' even completely developed...

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
While he does look good, and it's cool he's pulling. Isn't 7mo old a little young to be having him pull anything? His bones and joints arent' even completely developed...
we were letting him pull an empty cart to let him get used to the noise behind him & besides that hes already twice the size of any of his littermates and develping really well.

·
LOLZ
1,086 Posts
we were letting him pull an empty cart to let him get used to the noise behind him & besides that hes already twice the size of any of his littermates and develping really well.
Doesn't matter how big he is, he's still a pup, and doesnt' need the extra stress on his joints and developing skelatal structure. But he's your dog, do what you want.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i start mine that young and havent noticed any problems its best to get them use to it when they are young

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
there's nothing wrong with starting them early... we aint put enough weight behind them to put any stress on them...

·
Registered
35 Posts
i have a 9month old that im workin hard but im fixin to bring him to his first show he is draw weightin 80 lbs every day

·
Registered
362 Posts
Since he is still a baby have you got his elbows and knees and ankles xrayed? Even small amounts of weight can cause damage being still growing.
He definitely looks like a natural though! Weight pullers are true athletes :p

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
we have people tht has multipule ace and champion dogs tht hlping us alng and thy have been doing alot lnger thn i wld be willing to bet thn me and u put 2 gether

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
I started Orion in wp at 5 mo. as long as you do it right and do not rush or put to much wieght on the pup it is fine, I know several dogmen who start their pups as young as 3mo. It all depends on how you do it and who ya learn from, I do think that the pups should wait til they are at least 6 months, good work, I can't wait to see how he does on the track in comp :D

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks.. We are very excited to see how he.. We are hoping he's like his daddy!

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
keep up the good work and he will be, would love to see him in person some time :D

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Very cool :)

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
way to teach him to work son! Just be careful on body development

1 - 19 of 19 Posts