Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have volunteered to teach beginning agility for my local 4-H club this summer. I have some experience with it, but not a whole lot, but I thought it wouldn't be too difficult since I have quite a bit of training experience already. The 4-H club already owns agility equipment, so I'm good in that department. Just basically looking for what I should expect out of children just starting out in agility, the age range is from 9 years old up to 18, but I don't think there are any teen-age kids that are interested in it yet. I have been told there are 5 or 6 kids interested so far. Are there any books/online tutorials or tips and tricks that anyone can recommend to me?

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
If you set up a quick free account at the below link, I have a bunch of things up in class format that you can try out:
APBT NETWORK UNIVERSITY
It is under:
Agility 101 ( For: puppies & beginners)

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Patch, I can't figure out how to register on that site! :(

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Here you go
APBT NETWORK UNIVERSITY: Login to the site

Indie do you have somewhere to train agility at? I have a bunch of videos of how to do stuff if you want me to send them to you. Pm me and I can get them to you. Also the best place to get some great info about agility is cleanrun.com they have a magazine you can get online for like 25 a year and it is well worth it. I use many of those articles when I teach my classes, it gives me inspiration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts