Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want my dogs to do this xD does anybody have dogs that can "talk"? If so, how did you teach them to do that? I know my hubby taught our cat Mika to say "brown" lol

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
I've seen this before, it's funny but I can't imagine how hard it would be.. Don't husky's howl naturally? Maybe it's easier to teach them?

I have a hard time pronouncing new words, can't imagine having my dog do it.

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Keira can say "I love you" and "Mama"... but not as clearly as Mishka can. Mishka is seriously the best talking dog I have ever heard. I will try to get Keira to do it while I'm recording her... so far, I haven't been able to, she gets weird when she has a camera pointed at her.

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Aw how did you teach her? Just saying it to her she picked up the tones?
I said it a LOT! lol... and then one day, I asked her if she loved me, and she made these low growly, squealy kind of noises and it sounded like she said it. So I asked her again, and the 2nd time was clearer. "I love you." My jaw hit the floor. Then I started ASKING her to say it, and she would do it more often. I am going to try to get it recorded when my husband is off this week-- really hoping I can get her to do it. I know she won't do it if I am recording her, so maybe if I'm not the one holding the camera, she'll do it. :D Hoping!
I think she is just trying to mimic me, much like a baby will. I have noticed she does it with Caesar too-- if he growls or barks a certain way, she tries to do it the same way he does.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cute! I sure hope you can get her to do it :D also somebody told me girls are more of the "talkers" not sure how true that is.

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
For me, teaching my Toy Poodle to sneeze on command, and talk I had to capture it. When he starts talking I rewarded, then eventually added a command onto it.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See my dogs never really talk unless they hear unfamiliar voices outside or hear me outside unlocking the door when I come home from work... when I tried to teach them the "speak" command I got them to make the weirdest noises but no real barks lol it sounded almost like whispering xD

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Cute! I sure hope you can get her to do it :D also somebody told me girls are more of the "talkers" not sure how true that is.
Never heard that--- but it tends to be true with humans. lol!

See my dogs never really talk unless they hear unfamiliar voices outside or hear me outside unlocking the door when I come home from work... when I tried to teach them the "speak" command I got them to make the weirdest noises but no real barks lol it sounded almost like whispering xD
That, in and of itself, is pretty darned cool! Most people just get barks for the "speak" command :D

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
I know this isn't what you were asking but its still kinda funny. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts