Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
SEC. 802.004. PRESUMPTION OF USE FOR BREEDING. (see Draft Rules §91.21.License Required--Presumptions.) (See §91.30.Exemptions.)
For purposes of this chapter, each adult intact female animal possessed by a person engaged in the business of breeding animals for direct or indirect sale or for exchange in return for consideration is presumed to be used for breeding purposes unless the person establishes to the satisfaction of the department, based on the person's breeding records or other evidence reasonably acceptable to the department, that the animal is not used for breeding. Clarification is needed regarding what documentation is acceptable to prove an intact female was not bred and whether this applies to being bred in a given year or at any time

.................. yadda yadda yadda... basically THOSE PROMOTING this legislation are going to say it prevents BYBs .. Not really as much as it takes "country" free out of livin..

There are some exemptions but basically .. If you are peddling dogs or cats at any rate; you gotta have the license.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
doesnt sound like a bad idea. I think they should make courses going over genetic issues and info on breeding making it mandatory to be liscenced to be able to be a breeder. Now seeing this pass would be even better I dont see that happening. I also cant see this preventing BYB's it will just keep the honest ones honest, Id expect to see " accidental breeding " alot more , nice thought though.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
doesnt sound like a bad idea. I think they should make courses going over genetic issues and info on breeding making it mandatory to be liscenced to be able to be a breeder. Now seeing this pass would be even better I dont see that happening. I also cant see this preventing BYB's it will just keep the honest ones honest, Id expect to see " accidental breeding " alot more , nice thought though.
:clap: well said.
Yep, like doors and locks... Keepin honest people honest............

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm... still wish I knew more. I read a little more, and it seems as if it is only going to hurt the ones that are breeding for purposes (fees for licenses) and not doing much for those who are breeding pets. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know much of it. My vocab is quite small. HAHA

·
Registered
100 Posts
How is that going to keep the bad breeders from breeding? Who is going to conrol it?

It'll only screw with the honest breeders, the BYB's will keep on breeding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts