Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have had pits or pit crosses my entire life. As a kid they were family pets and protectors. Now days they serve as pets, protectors and also pull catchdog duty for wild pigs here in texas. Here is my current PitxGreat Dane Cross Slick.

And A Great one from the past. Willy

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Hello I have had pits or pit crosses my entire life. As a kid they were family pets and protectors. Now days they serve as pets, protectors and also pull catchdog duty for wild pigs here in texas. Here is my current PitxGreat Dane Cross Slick.

And A Great one from the past. Willy

Nice picks, Slick looks good. Looks like a tall pit :D

What was Willy all bloody for?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Very cool pictures, Ilove that new show { new up here might have beenon down there for awhile} Hogs gone wild. ithnk theyfilmin texas and hawaii and florida, looks like soo muchfun but scary at the same time. Have so much respect for those dogs out there doing that they are amazing to watch , would be cool to see close up. Welcome to the site, hope to see alot more pictures of your dogs working :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, yeah that Hogs gone wild show was more for entertainment and didnt really show the truth, but it did let people see that there is a huge problem here and this is one way that we deal with it.

Hello Fellow Texican!

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Nice pics! There is another member here with a pit x great dane as well.

Very cool dogs you got there. Welcome :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
May I ask who that person is or do you have a link to their dog. I really like this cross.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
ditto ^^ :)

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Welcome to GP nice dogs.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
wow that hog looks huge , is that big for them or pretty average size? We dont have hogs up here other then what farmers raise for there own needs. We had them one year on the farm and Idont think I have heard my uncles cuss so much over a few animals lol , they ended up breaking out and they had to spend a weekend hunting them all down one by one lol. needless to say they dont raise them anymore they are sticking to the normal pigs you see on most farms.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that one is a little on the larger size about 225. They average about 100-150 so a 225 is a good pig. I have seen them as big as 400 but that is very rare. this is what a 400 plus pounder looks like on a game cam.

Its harder for farmers or someone to guess pig weights when they dont deal with them alot. I have had many of times where the farmer says its 500#s and actually its only about like the one on the truck.
these are two bigger pigs that we caught, one on the left is pushing 300# and broke its teeth on the vests of the dogs. as you can see the one on the right that went about 250 still had his and knew how to use them.

close up of the big teffers!!

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Didn't see this thread of yours, welcome. Great to see you work your dogs rather than let them just exist as pets. More people need to do so! I'll be PMing you information you requested and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
How many hogs do you usually come in with on an average night or day ? the show makes it seem like a ton of work for like 1 hog unless they caught a bunch in the pens they set up .

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
sometimes we dont get any all night. I dont want to give the wrong impression. Trust me when I say I aint any good just get lucky sometimes. There are some guys out there that have forgotten more about hog dogs than Ill ever know. I do think that the chance to hunt with your dogs is the biggest reason some people dont. Just not in the cards.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts