Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Soo we added a new addition to our family. Not a furry baby, but a human baby lol. Born June 1st! The dogs absolutely LOVE him, Hov especially loves him!! :)

All of our boys! Ryder, Hero, & Hov.

Hov & Ryder

Hov, Ryder, & Hero..All of our boys! This pic was taken for daddy for Father's Day, who is overseas in Afghanistan.

Hov is always checking on Ryder!

I love all of them & I am so pleased that the dogs love the baby so much!!!

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
OMG how cute!I love the babies face in the last pic while being licked.lol.
Your baby is adorable.I'm assuming since you're in Jacksonville that your husband is in the USMC?Once upon a time I used to be a Marine wife.Best time of my life.:) Make sure you tell him thank you from all of us for everything he does.:clap:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! I am so blessed to have 3 handsome boys (2 furry, 1 not) :)
Yes my husband is a Marine and I am a Marine wife. It is fun, but deployments are NOT fun, especially when my husband has to be deployed for our first born. The story of the life of a military family! U can never plan anything. lol

& Hov is extra gentle but at times, tries to lick Ryder's face off lol our older dog, Hero, sneaks in his kisses when we arent looking!

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Being a daughter of a Marine I do not envy, but COngrats on Ryder he is absolutely adorable and great pics of the dogs with him, they just know don't they :D

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Our son was born on 5/31 :) congrats !! We get 0 sleep :( lol I don't let my dogs lick him yet though. Are you feeding formula or breast milk ?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Our son was born on 5/31 :) congrats !! We get 0 sleep :( lol I don't let my dogs lick him yet though. Are you feeding formula or breast milk ?
Awesome! Congrats!! :D

I'm breast feeding. What are you feeding?
Ryder is a very good sleeper. I got lucky! I'm doing this on my own while my hubby is deployed and IDK what I'd do if he wasn't a good sleeper.
His last feeding is at abt midnight (thats when I go to bed) and he wakes up at about 2 or 4 and then not again until 6 or 7. We don't have an exact schedule yet. During the daytime I pretty much stay home cuz he eats abt every 2hrs, its impossible to get anything done during the day but we can do sleep!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
LMAO thats kinda random question LOL

Awesome! Congrats!! :D

I'm breast feeding. What are you feeding?
Ryder is a very good sleeper. I got lucky! I'm doing this on my own while my hubby is deployed and IDK what I'd do if he wasn't a good sleeper.
His last feeding is at abt midnight (thats when I go to bed) and he wakes up at about 2 or 4 and then not again until 6 or 7. We don't have an exact schedule yet. During the daytime I pretty much stay home cuz he eats abt every 2hrs, its impossible to get anything done during the day but we can do sleep!
Im pretty sure David is breast feeding as well ;) lol.
All your boys are adorable they are so sweet with the little bitty baby , not many breeds I would trust with an infant but this is one of them , Sorry your hubby wasnt here for the 1st baby that must be rough , Im sure he must be anxious to get home to him though especially after the fathers day pic , that was my fav of the bunch :)

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
How very precious. Congrats one the new baby :D

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
That's great we are grateful our baby latched on as soon as my wife was out or recovery. I asked about feeding because my baby wants to eat every 1-2 hours and I wanted to know if that was normal lol we do plenty of reading and I think he is going through a growth spur he is feeding every hour sometimes :( my poor wife is exhausted.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
LMAO thats kinda random question LOL

Im pretty sure David is breast feeding as well ;) lol.
All your boys are adorable they are so sweet with the little bitty baby , not many breeds I would trust with an infant but this is one of them , Sorry your hubby wasnt here for the 1st baby that must be rough , Im sure he must be anxious to get home to him though especially after the fathers day pic , that was my fav of the bunch :)
LMAO!!! I noticed once you have a baby, you think of things differently. Lol

But thank u!! Yes, the dogs have been very good since the day we got home from the hospital. That ofcourse was a very crucial time with introducing the dogs to the baby and making it a good experience for them. We also had a baby doll dressed in clothing the baby would be wearing (way before the baby came) and then before we came home from the hospital I had my mom wrap the doll in 1 of Ryders blankets that he used and put a hat on the doll that Ryder also used, so then the doll smelled like Ryder & left the doll sit in the baby swing. I did everything to MAKE sure these dogs knew what was coming and that it would be a pleasant transition for the dogs.
Its definitely hard not having my husband here but when your a military family you do what you have to do to get by and thats what I did!

& daddy is definitely very excited to get home to all his boys!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's great we are grateful our baby latched on as soon as my wife was out or recovery. I asked about feeding because my baby wants to eat every 1-2 hours and I wanted to know if that was normal lol we do plenty of reading and I think he is going through a growth spur he is feeding every hour sometimes :( my poor wife is exhausted.
Every 1-2 hours seems a little too frequent if he's wanting to eat like that all day. I PMed you the details!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
david my daughter was like that wanting to eat every 1-3 hours and its exhausting for mom. I found when I added formula for a couple feedings like the night feeding before bed { then you get more sleep } and a morning feeding they go alot longer. some babys just dont get enough from breast feeding to get them through , might be worth a shot to add a couple formula feedings in there , atleast for mommas sake lol.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
I have heard of BF babies eating every hour. Breastmilk breaks down quicker than formula, it can also be a growth spurt. Every 2 hours is def normal... Zach ate every 3 and he was on formula.

Congrats on your little one! The pics are so cute!

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Thank you! I am so blessed to have 3 handsome boys (2 furry, 1 not) :)
Yes my husband is a Marine and I am a Marine wife. It is fun, but deployments are NOT fun, especially when my husband has to be deployed for our first born. The story of the life of a military family! U can never plan anything. lol

& Hov is extra gentle but at times, tries to lick Ryder's face off lol our older dog, Hero, sneaks in his kisses when we arent looking!
Our first was born while he was overseas.He didn't get to see her till she was about 2 months old.But they bonded great together when he got back.Congrats again!

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Awwww, great shots, thank you so much for sharing and congrats on the new baby. He's beautiful!

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Thank you!!
Here's another that I captured the other day.

Hov wants to cuddle with him so bad. lol
So precious! Congrats on your bundle of joy! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts