Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my husband and I have decided that when our current pups are 3 years old we will get a third pitbull. We are looking into bloodlines and doing all of the research we can so that we will be prepared and make a responsible decision (unlike the way we purchased our current pits). The only drawback is the price. I can easily save the money in 3 years but I also don't want to get ripped off. Is it normal for champagne pits to be 1500$? I can't find any cheaper around here except from bybs. Also any info on champagne bloodlines or anything is appreciated :D thank you.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Its just a color.Its nothing as rare as a tri color,they shouldn't be priced higher for that reason alone.1500$ can get you whatever you please if you look in the right places if you are takling american bullies.I know where you can get CH parented gamebred dogs for 500$ and under...

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
$1500 is a little crazy! There isnt a specific bloodline for a champagne but there are plenty out there!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
yup agreed just a color shouldnt cost more.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well what made me decide on the color was holly's bumble bee lol that dog caught my eye the first day I visited the site. I sent her a fb message to ask her about where she got the dog and I hope to ask her about its pedigree/bloodline once she responds. I don't want any overdone bully or a pocket bully or any of that nonsense. But I also don't need a show dog as all of my dogs are companions and don't compete or anything.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Well what made me decide on the color was holly's bumble bee lol that dog caught my eye the first day I visited the site. I sent her a fb message to ask her about where she got the dog and I hope to ask her about its pedigree/bloodline once she responds. I don't want any overdone bully or a pocket bully or any of that nonsense. But I also don't need a show dog as all of my dogs are companions and don't compete or anything.
bumble bee is a great looking dog! i might be wrong but im pretty sure shes a blue fawn

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There tends to be an excess of champagne pocket bullies around here. I won't settle. I want a decent sized champagne bully -sigh- everyone around here thinks they're some kind of breeder. I saw some decent ones for 250$ but then they opened their mouths...they couldn't have been healthy. I've never seen a puppy that looked like it had smokers tongue before...all yellow & white...I'm thinking I might haved to travel to get our next pup. Are there kennels that specialize in certain colors?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh I hope she's blue fawn! That would make finding our next pup a lot easier than looking for champagne lol. I just have never seen a blue fawn as good looking as her so I wasn't sure. Hopefully holly will reply soon. She told me bumble bee lives with her mother now and that's the last I heard from her lol

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
bumble bee is a great looking dog! i might be wrong but im pretty sure shes a blue fawn
I asked her what color bee was not that long ago when she posted pics of her dogs new collars. She did say Champagne. She looks nothing like any blue fawn I've seen :)

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Bumble Bee is Champagne and was produced by me. Color should NEVER have anything to do with price and any one charging more for color is not someone you want to deal with.

Bumble Bee was recently given to my mother-in-law to start as a therapy dog for her. Free champagne dog lol.

Its is not common to find Champagne color dogs that are not ABKC style dogs, but actually still to UKC standard. I have seen very few. I left you a kennel link to someone who may have champagnes in the future on FB.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
I asked her what color bee was not that long ago when she posted pics of her dogs new collars. She did say Champagne. She looks nothing like any blue fawn I've seen :)
your definately right... my bad..:hammer:.. i went and looked at some diff pics of her.... i guess that one i saw she looked blue.... she definately is a great looking dog!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She looks the color of cheerios markings kind of? The kennel link she gave me is far far from me but I am going to keep an eye out still. Thank you for all the info holly and everyone else :D

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Are there kennels that specialize in certain colors?
If a kennel specializes in any color it's not a kennel you would want to purchase a dog from, IMHO.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
my 2 cents on this .. 1500 is the price someone would pay for a fad dog .. on the lower end (JMHO) but still faddish. for 700- 1000 you could have yourself a pup that came from tested stock and champion bloodlines. actually probly a bit less if you find somone that has a dog they want to pet out due to some minor faults. In that you get genetics that hold a known temprmnt , solid and tested structure and an all around quality dog . My advice is to find a bloodline you like rather than a color and look around . a crappy dog is a crappy dog , even if its pretty.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
$1200-$1500 is not unreasonable for a dog from multi titled health tested parents. However unless the breeding is worth the price color is not a factor to raise a price or to base a price on.

·
Banned
319 Posts
Its just a color.Its nothing as rare as a tri color,they shouldn't be priced higher for that reason alone.1500$ can get you whatever you please if you look in the right places if you are takling american bullies.I know where you can get CH parented gamebred dogs for 500$ and under...
gamebred dogs dont come in champagne, and also, not very many breeders of champions would sell a newbie a gamebred puppy... would be a recipe for disaster. so better off not putting info like this into someones head just because of "price"

OP-

you should keep an eye out in your rescue orginizations and shelters close to you.

a lot of shelters in my area temperment test the dog to make sure it will be a good fit into your home, which would be ideal for you, you wouldnt want to come home to find that maybe the pup wasnt as dog "friendly" as the breeder said it would be. (but one must always remember to never trust a apbt to NOT fight)
no real need in finding a "breeder" if you are looking for a pet, many great ones in the shelter would like a chance at having a home instead of being put down.

our rescue group will adopt out a temperment tested, vet approved and checked pup or dog for around 100-200$ now that is a steal of a deal, and a good deed for saving a life.

good luck in your search! :woof:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts