Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to Go Pitbull Matt and thanks for the pictures! Duke is a handsome boy and very large for 19 weeks. Love that last picture, what a sweet face.

Joe
Thank you! Duke weighs around 48lbs right now. Definitely a lot bigger than I thought he would have been, his other brothers are only 25-30lbs last time I checked in with the gentleman I got him from,

That last picture he got a new toy, he was so excited lol

·
Administrator
5,664 Posts
Thanks for the "baby pics", so cute.
Matt, did the gentleman that you got him from give you Dukes pedigree papers showing his lineage? The reason I ask is because of Duke's size. The general rule of thumb is at 4 months old the dog is about half of its mature weight. At that rate. you are in for a 90-100 pound dog. The average fully mature male APBT is between 35-60 pounds and the females are between 30-50 pounds. Wondering if he might be mixed with something else because of his size.

Joe

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the "baby pics", so cute.
Matt, did the gentleman that you got him from give you Dukes pedigree papers showing his lineage? The reason I ask is because of Duke's size. The general rule of thumb is at 4 months old the dog is about half of its mature weight. At that rate. you are in for a 90-100 pound dog. The average fully mature male APBT is between 35-60 pounds and the females are between 30-50 pounds. Wondering if he might be mixed with something else because of his size.

Joe
So I got UKC papers with him, and I’ve put in for his 4 generation package but haven’t gotten it back yet. On the papers I have, it shows APBT, and by the size of him I was skeptical. I can only go off of his papers until I get his lineage back. His mom is 90lbs and his dad was 115. I’m excited to see what his bloodlines show. I asked the guy for his bloodlines and he’s supposed to send them today. I’ll post them in here.

I guess I never thought of it until he started getting older and I figured maybe he was just on the heavier side lol.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
i don't ask questions when i already know the answer.
my buddy just got a 40lb rainbow chihuahua. i didn't ask him any questions either.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
sorry new guy. there is no "XL APBT".
and if your dog is 19wks old, why does his paperwork say DOB is 2021?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sorry new guy. there is no "XL APBT".
and if your dog is 19wks old, why does his paperwork say DOB is 2021?
That is his sires paper work. I’m chasing down his bloodline. I don’t know it all here, but I know there isn’t an “XL APBT”, but I do know his paper work shows that’s what he is labeled. Pic of Dukes paper work, this has been sent out over a month ago.
Rectangle Font Handwriting Parallel Paper

·
Administrator
4,835 Posts
You have a mis-registered American Bully. UKC is still working that out since so many have hung papers or been registered incorrectly over the decades. He is a very good looking Bully.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts