Go Pitbull Forums banner

The Duke!

2K views 58 replies 6 participants last post by  (5G) 
#1 ·
My names Matt and this is my boy Duke! He’s going on 19 weeks this coming Monday! He’s a Tri Color Lilac APBT. He’s a great boy, can’t ask for a better pup.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Liver

Dog Sky Plant Carnivore Tree

Plant Dog Bulldog Dog breed Carnivore

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Fawn Companion dog

See less See more
#5 ·
Thank you! Duke weighs around 48lbs right now. Definitely a lot bigger than I thought he would have been, his other brothers are only 25-30lbs last time I checked in with the gentleman I got him from,

That last picture he got a new toy, he was so excited lol

#7 ·
Thanks for the "baby pics", so cute.
Matt, did the gentleman that you got him from give you Dukes pedigree papers showing his lineage? The reason I ask is because of Duke's size. The general rule of thumb is at 4 months old the dog is about half of its mature weight. At that rate. you are in for a 90-100 pound dog. The average fully mature male APBT is between 35-60 pounds and the females are between 30-50 pounds. Wondering if he might be mixed with something else because of his size.

Joe

#8 ·
Thanks for the "baby pics", so cute.
Matt, did the gentleman that you got him from give you Dukes pedigree papers showing his lineage? The reason I ask is because of Duke's size. The general rule of thumb is at 4 months old the dog is about half of its mature weight. At that rate. you are in for a 90-100 pound dog. The average fully mature male APBT is between 35-60 pounds and the females are between 30-50 pounds. Wondering if he might be mixed with something else because of his size.

Joe
So I got UKC papers with him, and I’ve put in for his 4 generation package but haven’t gotten it back yet. On the papers I have, it shows APBT, and by the size of him I was skeptical. I can only go off of his papers until I get his lineage back. His mom is 90lbs and his dad was 115. I’m excited to see what his bloodlines show. I asked the guy for his bloodlines and he’s supposed to send them today. I’ll post them in here.

I guess I never thought of it until he started getting older and I figured maybe he was just on the heavier side lol.

#11 ·
i don't ask questions when i already know the answer.
my buddy just got a 40lb rainbow chihuahua. i didn't ask him any questions either.

#16 ·
sorry new guy. there is no "XL APBT".
and if your dog is 19wks old, why does his paperwork say DOB is 2021?
That is his sires paper work. I’m chasing down his bloodline. I don’t know it all here, but I know there isn’t an “XL APBT”, but I do know his paper work shows that’s what he is labeled. Pic of Dukes paper work, this has been sent out over a month ago.
Rectangle Font Handwriting Parallel Paper

#21 ·
On weight, Conner's mom is 60, dad 75. Both are nice, compact dogs, solid. There weren't papers, long story short, I'm not a fan of papers. But am told they come from good lines. Not sure what parents paper status is.

Getting him weighed Monday. He is leggy, which may be attributed to early neuter??

Just looking for thoughts on the weight issue.

#22 ·
How old is he now? You need to keep in mind that bull breeds have a growth period of around 3 years. They usually grow up for the first year and bulk out to about 3 years. So the leggy stage lasts awhile longer than most. Every dog reacts to early neuter differently. Ecko was short and stocky and his head looked too big for his body. But my friends dog Archer has legs for days at 2 years old.

#25 · (Edited)
Just a little update: Duke hit 5 months finally this past Monday! Still waiting on papers, I did call UKC and they said that they could change the breed possibly, but haven’t heard anything else since. I’m not really worried about it. He weighs 63 and some change. Starting to see him being a little more dominant with my other dogs and he’s starting to have a little less puppy in him. Humping and hiking his leg pissing on all the stuff outside lol
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Window

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Fawn Companion dog

#27 ·
Right now I’m out of town, and he’s home with my wife and boys. I’m thinking of taking him with me next time I leave. Any thoughts? There is a dog daycare near by that he can go a play at while I’m at work. He will be with me the rest of the night. My wife said hes been stealing my shirts or clothes that he can find and laying in them.

#31 ·
I personally avoid dog day cares. To much inexperience in those places. My friends neutered bull breed tied to a bitch in heat. They pulled them apart. That was an ER visit for poor Jack's junk. Fights break out, they don't even know what a break stick is, much less how to use one. But if it's someone you know, that would be cool. I'm sure he would love being with you wherever you go. I take my terrorists to work with me sometimes too.

Reactions: (5G)
#33 ·
I personally avoid dog day cares. To much inexperience in those places. My friends neutered bull breed tied to a bitch in heat. They pulled them apart. That was an ER visit for poor Jack's junk. Fights break out, they don't even know what a break stick is, much less how to use one. But if it's someone you know, that would be cool. I'm sure he would love being with you wherever you go. I take my terrorists to work with me sometimes too.
[/QUOT
if I could get away from using one I would do that, only issue is, I work in the field, so he can’t come with me during work hours. I know someone who works a one near by, I’m hoping I can get him in and it notbe too bad.

This post has been deleted
#42 ·
I'm currently running the pink labeled one. I would recommend the orange for you to fight the yeast and any underlying bacteria. It also has phytosingosine which helps rebuild the skin barrier against allergens.

Reactions: (5G)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.