Go Pitbull Forums banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
On weight, Conner's mom is 60, dad 75. Both are nice, compact dogs, solid. There weren't papers, long story short, I'm not a fan of papers. But am told they come from good lines. Not sure what parents paper status is.

Getting him weighed Monday. He is leggy, which may be attributed to early neuter??

Just looking for thoughts on the weight issue.

·
Administrator
4,837 Posts
On weight, Conner's mom is 60, dad 75. Both are nice, compact dogs, solid. There weren't papers, long story short, I'm not a fan of papers. But am told they come from good lines. Not sure what parents paper status is.

Getting him weighed Monday. He is leggy, which may be attributed to early neuter??

Just looking for thoughts on the weight issue.
How old is he now? You need to keep in mind that bull breeds have a growth period of around 3 years. They usually grow up for the first year and bulk out to about 3 years. So the leggy stage lasts awhile longer than most. Every dog reacts to early neuter differently. Ecko was short and stocky and his head looked too big for his body. But my friends dog Archer has legs for days at 2 years old.

·
Registered
94 Posts
He'll be 10 months on the 24th.
Wouldn't hold still on the scale, but he was about 60 lbs. I would have guessed more.

P.I.T.A about his nails, gotta work on that...any tips?

Hope handsome Duke is well. Any more pics?

·
Administrator
4,837 Posts
Wouldn't hold still on the scale, but he was about 60 lbs. I would have guessed more.

I started both my boys with the dremel when they first came home at 10 weeks. I man handle my cats to trim them with clippers. You can maybe try a lick mat to keep him occupied while you do them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Just a little update: Duke hit 5 months finally this past Monday! Still waiting on papers, I did call UKC and they said that they could change the breed possibly, but haven’t heard anything else since. I’m not really worried about it. He weighs 63 and some change. Starting to see him being a little more dominant with my other dogs and he’s starting to have a little less puppy in him. Humping and hiking his leg pissing on all the stuff outside lol
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Window

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Fawn Companion dog

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

Sorry I’ve been MIA. With Duke I just the dremel and get after them. He chills until I get the last few on his right paw not sure why lol. I just posted some pics.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Right now I’m out of town, and he’s home with my wife and boys. I’m thinking of taking him with me next time I leave. Any thoughts? There is a dog daycare near by that he can go a play at while I’m at work. He will be with me the rest of the night. My wife said hes been stealing my shirts or clothes that he can find and laying in them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
He's so handsome! I love his coat coloring, and his little eyebrows! I always take my pups with me when I travel, but it definitely is a lot of extra work. They seem to enjoy it though, and I worry less about them. It's hard to be away even for a night!

·
Administrator
4,837 Posts
I personally avoid dog day cares. To much inexperience in those places. My friends neutered bull breed tied to a bitch in heat. They pulled them apart. That was an ER visit for poor Jack's junk. Fights break out, they don't even know what a break stick is, much less how to use one. But if it's someone you know, that would be cool. I'm sure he would love being with you wherever you go. I take my terrorists to work with me sometimes too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
He's so handsome! I love his coat coloring, and his little eyebrows! I always take my pups with me when I travel, but it definitely is a lot of extra work. They seem to enjoy it though, and I worry less about them. It's hard to be away even for a night!
Thank you! He will be coming with me next time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I personally avoid dog day cares. To much inexperience in those places. My friends neutered bull breed tied to a bitch in heat. They pulled them apart. That was an ER visit for poor Jack's junk. Fights break out, they don't even know what a break stick is, much less how to use one. But if it's someone you know, that would be cool. I'm sure he would love being with you wherever you go. I take my terrorists to work with me sometimes too.
[/QUOT
if I could get away from using one I would do that, only issue is, I work in the field, so he can’t come with me during work hours. I know someone who works a one near by, I’m hoping I can get him in and it notbe too bad.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Battling a little yeast right now. He just got himself a bath. Hopefully the soak will help. I may have to give him another this Thursday and do it twice a week if it doesn’t subside. Still a happy boy!

·
Administrator
4,837 Posts
Duoxo is a great shampoo for yeast and allergies and things of that nature. I've used it for years. It really helped when I had my blue bully.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts