Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is the story.

Went up to the sand dunes this weekend for my girlfriends family function. We are sitting in the garage Saturday night when the topic of "Oh Jay has a pitbull and its here". Now keep in mind that I know maybe one person in this group of 20. So I keep my mouth shut to hear the reactions, And oh boy here they came. It sounded like you took every media sound bite and played it. Every rumor and ever misconseption (many of which I had never heard) came out of EVERYONES mouth. So as this group of people sits there all staring at me one lady pipes up and says "You must be a monster to own such a monster". I smiled politely (which took every ounce of energy to do) and told her to tell me what a pitbull looks like. She proceded to explain something that she had seen on the news. So I promptly walked out of the garage went over to the tent, woke Kane from his peicefull sleep straped on his harness and walked him into the garage. " That's not a pitbull!!!!!" "How come his head isn't huge?" "Why is he wagging his tail?"(yes she really said that) And I walked him around to EVERY person in the garage. Even the lady that said he was a monster. I made sure to spend extra time with her. As soon as she bent down to pet Kane he immidiatly started to lick her and layed down rolled over and let her rub his belly. I eventually got asked to put him away because he was the life of the party at that point.

I just wanted do my part as a responsable APBT owner and I'm taking down IGNORANCE one belly rub at a time.

Here is a picture of my Monster incase you don't know.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Good job keeping calm in that situation! The only way to truly lay down the myths is to have people meet your well behaved dog for themselves.

Kudos!

·
Registered
164 Posts
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: "Bully" for you!!! Great way to shut the naysayers down! I did the same thing at a family event when I had my boy Bobby many moons ago.Everyone's mind was changed regarding the APBT;he tossed out all the myths about the "mean 'ol pitbull that will eat my kids someday" :rolleyes:
My sister had her dog there too(a little Cairn/Pomeranian mix).He bit me,her, kept challenging my dog and was just an a$$,whereas Bobby was calm ,cool,and collected.After that ,Bobby was allowed to come anytime,but my sister's dog had to stay home.HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!(I am gloating;sorry! lol)

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Yeah Good Job! The best way to shut someone up is with knowledge .. Knowledge is power .. And I hope after all those belly rubs and being woken out of his beauty sleep he got a few treats for being such a good boy and good example for the breed congrats baby brindle and good job to you as his owner for being so calm and collective if someone talks about my dogs I am ready to fight LOL.. you don't mess with my kids or my dogs LOL ... but I am learning sometimes holding your tounge allows people to be more receptive to what you have to say so kudo's to you for doing that :)

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
Way To Go Kane....

I know it is hard to keep a level head when you have people who do not understand a lick when it comes to Pit Bulls. You handled yourself very well!

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Good job man, keeping your cool helps us all. Way to promote the breed in a positive light.

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup without a doubt it took every ounce of self control not to tell her off, but the last thing I wanted her to have is any reason not to like me or Kane. Every smile brought on by an ABPT is another step in the right direction for this amazing breed.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Wow look at that killer pitbull! lol..Good job I can't be that nice lol!

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Good Job!!!!! I like that I think we should make it a slogan.....
Taken Down Ignorance One Belly Rub At A Time.
It could have a picture of a uncropped APBT on one side and a cropped APBT on the other.
Very cool of you to keep your cool it is SOOOOOO HARD in the face of such ignorance.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
aww ..what a cute one he is..heh..good job!!! keep it up!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts