Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still can't figure out what color Dosia is. He's truly the most unique dog I've come across. His dad was blue and his mom was black. There was one other pup in the litter that was colored like him. A couple turned a beautiful chocolate, blue and black. Some times he looks blue some times he looks chocolate, and in the shade or low light he looks black. I am completely stomped as to what color he really is. Has anyone come across a dog of this color and what do you call it? He is a dark grayish or blue with a reddish gold under coat. Totally stumped people ask me all the time what color is he and I have no clue what to say. Any thoughts guys?

Here he is at the kennel with his brothers and sisters. Sorry its a photo copy.

In the sun

Going in the shade

One in the house

Close up

·
Medal polisher for kg420
3,056 Posts
great looking dog..whoa he changes color lol...hes never the same color in any of the pics

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
great looking dog..whoa he changes color lol...hes never the same color in any of the pics
Thanx. It's crazy right, he almost looks gold in the river. I still don't know what to call the color.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks shiny chocolate to me but the pics are hard to tell. That is one great looking dog!
Thanx I guess you'd have to see him in person. He looks blue a lot of the time.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He kinda looks seal some times but he looks pretty blue most of the time. Some one said blue seal but I'm not sure if that's a real color or not.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I don't know if there is a blue seal. He doesn't look blue at all to me though. The pups in the pic look seal, black, and 2 look kinda dark fawn/sable.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't know if there is a blue seal. He doesn't look blue at all to me though. The pups in the pic look seal, black, and 2 look kinda dark fawn/sable.
that pic is a bad photo copy but they ended up being a light chocolate color. I think he might be seal but he's way lighter than most of them. Some one else said chocolate bluie but I don't think that's a color either.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Bluie is the same as blue just spelled differently.

All colors come in a variety of different shades either lighter or darker just depends on their personal genetics.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is chocolate blue a color or did some one make that up?

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
See the color charts I posted in another thread they may help you. because the lighting is different in all the picts it is hard to see what the true color really is ... I was going to guess seal as others said, but it is really hard to tell.

LOL call the pup a chameleon :)

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
See the color charts I posted in another thread they may help you. because the lighting is different in all the picts it is hard to see what the true color really is ... I was going to guess seal as others said, but it is really hard to tell.

LOL call the pup a chameleon :)
I looked at the color chart and I'm still unsure. He looks most like the chocolate blue puppy in the sun so mabye we'll go with that. It's so hard to get the true color on camera but the river pics are the best ones as far as color. I'll try to get some more good pics.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here's a better pic of his true color. He looks blue and chocolate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I looked at the color chart and I'm still unsure. He looks most like the chocolate blue puppy in the sun so mabye we'll go with that. It's so hard to get the true color on camera but the river pics are the best ones as far as color. I'll try to get some more good pics.
to clear this all up your pup is blue seal which is a real color and for the record chocolate bluie is not a color and the blue shade can get so dark it looks navy blue which is the blue my girl has had not the light grey looking one but next to the black pups in the litter they a deff lighter so he can be a dark blue seal

1 - 20 of 23 Posts