Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been 11 yrs since I trained 2 Pup's. Back then I was 20 yrs old and Read Every APBT book and worked @/the Humane Socitey and did a Dog training course.. Now I'm in my 30's, and starting over, so here it is.

11&12 wks..Diamond is showing Dominance twords Crush,my wife and Myself. It's almost in a PASSIVE AGRESSIVE MANNER THOUGH ? I'm not worried about Crush, But when My wife and i disapline Her, she is acting like she's Pissed @ us. I don't hit or anything, I put her down,my hand on her neck, stand over her,and Correct her..(NO BITE ECT...) At that point she will get up walk away and then IGNORE ME !!! For a Period of time she won't COME, or want anything to do with me. I found myself Wanting to Apoligize to her for being so Harsh, But STOPPED MYSELF, LMBO !!! Is this Her being PIG Headed, Or is this treatment to Much for her and i need to lighten Up ??
Crush is a Pleaser, so he does whatever He's Told as best as he can.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Onyx had similar circumstances because he was just trying to find his natural spot in the house. I would simply put him on his side and hold untill he submitted. Gave a low tonw growl when i did. It corrected him and he found his spot in the house. Now when i feel he is out of line i simly give the same low growl and he responds with the correction. No touch or raised voice needed. I use different tone growls for certain corrections. Onyx is also very responsive with whistling. Again different frequencies get different reactions.

I know it sounds weird but i hope it helps

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Onyx had similar circumstances because he was just trying to find his natural spot in the house. I would simply put him on his side and hold untill he submitted. Gave a low tonw growl when i did. It corrected him and he found his spot in the house. Now when i feel he is out of line i simly give the same low growl and he responds with the correction. No touch or raised voice needed. I use different tone growls for certain corrections. Onyx is also very responsive with whistling. Again different frequencies get different reactions.

I know it sounds weird but i hope it helps
Interesting..I do that when I play, Or i cover my head and Whine, They really responde to it too..lol..so I catch your drift.
I'm just Hoping she aint mad at me, I don't want to make her Shy of me. She's tuff as Nails Till she thinks im mad.Hahaha

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Any correction should be followed by praise to avoid them getting submissive. When you correct it should be strong enough to stop the behavior without being over the top, when she stops and after the correction in a soft voice you can say good girl because she got a correction for biting and you are praising that fact. Do not feel bad for correcting her she needs it just be sure to follow with praise when she stops what ever she was doing.

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, Cool, yeah i try and say 'GOOD GIRL NO BITE" after the correction...I'll make sure to do that Imidiatly to try and get her frisky agin instead of having her hold a grudge, Thanks S/C & PK ....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts