Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so we bought it, for $40 it was an expensive thing but it works really well for Maggie, but Elmo is like deathly afraid of it. When he gets near it he jumps and its weird. It's mostly the noise of it. Maggie she doesnt really care that your doing her nails. I think its worth the money as long as your dog isnt afraid of it.

All it is is a dremal tool with sand paper lol but its nice

Does anyone else have one and what do you think of it?

·
Banned
289 Posts
I got mine for free but they are at walrgrees for 20 bucks Its under the name Pedi-pets and it works GREAT.Its not exactly like a drimel so DONT use one.It spins slower and the file is NOT the sandpaper wheel.If you push to hard it shuts off.I actually had it gave to me due to my friends 3 dogs being so scared of it one lost bowl control,I did nothing but shake and one totally wouldn't allow her touched.Kane also has it and I believe his dogs said NO WAY to it too but I cant remember.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I know it stops when you push on it. But its like a dremel. but anyways, I think its funny the commercial says your pets will love it and so many are afraid of it. lol But like I said Maggie doesnt really mind, we usually give her a bone and she gets frustrated when she tried to take her paw back to hold the bone and you take her paw back

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
I just went ahead and bought the Dremel at Petsmart...I love it. Plus with the battery charger I never have to buy more batteries.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
i also have a cordless dremel with the rechargable battery. Peanut HATES being held for his nail trims but he eventually stops squirming and eats a treat and lets me do it. Hes a puppy with better things to be doing then being held for something silly as a nail trim i guess but i love the dremel i have even got my own fingers (the skin part) with the dremel and it doesnt hurt it just startles me so since i have gotten myself i know it doesnt hurt the dogs it probably just "feels funny". my grandparents bought the pedipaws thing i dont know how much luck they have had with it...but i love my dremel

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got mine for free but they are at walgreens for 20 bucks Its under the name Pedi-pets and it works GREAT.
I got the same one, and my dogs are getting more used to it each day. Every day, I just sit with them, shake, and work one nail just a bit, and then it's over and praise. Mine really hate the clippers, so I know it's going to be a while (if ever) before they act like those prissy dogs on tv, lol.

It's working pretty good so far, but slow results. Clippers are quicker, but my dogs like this better.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea mine is cordless/rechargeable. I hated using clippers because maggies nails would split and she would get pissed and jerk around and t would hurt her. So i'm much happier with this.

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
glad to hear all the good results I may just run down to Walgreens and get one for the $20...I have a Dremel but it is not cordless, and it is hard cause I can't just do it anywhere I have to be near a plug. Sydney use to be good with nail clips then one day she decided that she totally hated them, and wasn't gonna put up with it any more! So she now has really long nails that need taming.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
another reason i like mine is it has a thing on it that collects the fillings...just make sure when you do that you dont hold it on the nail for longer than a couple seconds.

Maggie's nails got really long and they hurt sooo bad!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Uh-oh we started a trend lol j/k

·
Banned
289 Posts
no more then 4 seconds a nail check out the video at www.pedipaws.com for the details but Little girls nails had NEVER been done remind u so it took a little bit longer because they are thick and long.I did the NO NO and removed the orange cap thing...it was in my way and making it harder to use.Kumho actully got in my chair and handed me his paw...I think I got a pretty boy..LOL

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It depends on how long and thick the nail is. if you get it down enough and you keep up with them it only takes a few seconds

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
My dogs had getting their nails clipped. I normally went to the vet to do it and each time it sounded like they were getting murdered. They got way too stressed in there and I didn't want them to associate the vet with something bad so I a friend of mine bought me this dremel made by Oster for my birthday and it works great. I like the variable speed on it. Took a couple times for my dogs to get familiar with it but now I don't have a problem. When I plug it in and sit on the floor my dogs come over to me and lay down to get their nails done without hesitation.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I saw that thing at my local pet store last week. It looked kinda cheap for $40. I figured I could just buy one of those rechargeable dremels and make a guard myself for that price but for $20 I would have probably scooped it up.

·
Banned
289 Posts
LMAO did anyone notice the Pedipaw ad on side of forum?

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
I went out and bought one...for $20 from Walgreen's and I love it..Sydney hates it...and Ziggi is tolerant of it...it also works on the bird's super sharp birdie nails...I think for $20 it works pretty good.

·
Banned
289 Posts
walmart has them for $18 and change..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts