Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fact that the judge didn't even let the owner talk and automatically ordered Sadie to be put to sleep really upsets me... She was pregnant to say the least... I feel this was an unfair trial, but I guess what can you expect? They discriminate. I'm sure it would have been a different story if it wasn't a pit bull....
Denison judge orders pit bull to be euthanized

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Wow. I wonder what if the kid would've been charging the pit bull and the chi gets in the middle and bites the kid...what do you think would've happened there? The chihuahua gets a nachobell grande and the kid gets some hydrogen peroxide.

This is why we as owners need to be responsible bulldoggers...because its our word against theirs.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that my chi has bitten kids before... Kandi will in fact just lick them to death.... Example: My mom was watching a set of twin boys, and their four year old boy the other day... They pulled the chi's tail and she went crazy nipping and scared them to death. The pull on Kandi anywhere it doesn't matter (I'm there watching her she's my dog and I take responsibility for her not the Chi which is my moms) and she doesn't do anything but lick them all over and wag her tail.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Im sorry this is definitely a bad situation but I cant blame anyone but the owners. Unfortunately things like this happen because of irresponsible owners... What a shame...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
very true. but all i picture in my head is that sweet misunderstood dog that was pts bc natural instincts and narrow minded people

·
Registered
84 Posts
very true. but all i picture in my head is that sweet misunderstood dog that was pts bc natural instincts and narrow minded people
Oh! I 100% agree... I have no doubt in my mind that this dog was probably not cared for in a responsible manner which ended up being the cause of its death. But I have come to the realization that a lot of the owners of pitbulls are just that... IRRESPONSIBLE. So I just hope people can see this and take something away from this other than the dog being to blame.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Definitely. My girl is always in site when she is outside, I never leave her out when I'm gone, and I always have control over her when it comes to other people that come through my house. She gets very excited around company, and I know she would never hurt someone, but she may jump up to hug and greet, and that can be taken in the wrong way with the wrong person, so I always make sure that I have control over her until she calms down. That is just part of the responsibility I knew that I was going to have to take when I got her, and I was willing and I'm still willing. She isn't an APBT.. she's an Amer Bully, but no one really knows the difference around my town... that goes for a lot of people actually.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
As much as I hate to say it if any dog enters my home unwelcomed the chances of it living is highly unlikely. Its sad but the owner should have secured his pet better.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, the dog shouldn't have entered the home, but for them to say that is was going after the little girl when it was not is just plain wrong. Just another story to add to the many making people hate pit bull like breeds.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Sad situation all around.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Yeah, the dog shouldn't have entered the home, but for them to say that is was going after the little girl when it was not is just plain wrong. Just another story to add to the many making people hate pit bull like breeds.
Which is why people need to be responsible with their pets, whatever the breed. Because they were not, two dogs are dead (the Chi and the Pit Bull) and we have yet another news story to add more fuel to the fire. Why am I not surprised the Pit Bull was pregnant?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts