Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Momma dog Sky gave birth to 6 beautiful puppies, 5 females and 1 male! I got the call from the breeder last night at about 9:30pm, "houston we have a puppy!!" It kinda surprised them too, Sky had been in labor for a few hours and all of a sudden hopped out of the whelping box and wouldn't get back in, and when they looked in there there was a puppy! lol. So I went over there right away, and she had another one at about 10:30, and another one at 11:30. By that time I had to get some sleep, and they called me this morning to let me know that she stopped at about 4:00am and had 4 little girls. They thought it was all over with, but a few hours later I got another call from the breeder that she had unexpectedly popped out another little girl (9 and a half hours after the last one!) and was acting like she was going to have another. They already had an appointment scheduled at the vet, so they took her in and she still had one more puppy inside, the only male, and after a shot of pitocin, he came out too. All puppies and momma were given a clean bill of health and everyone got to go home and relax. When I went to see them all after work, poor Joy (the breeder) hadn't gotten any sleep, but was so overjoyed by the puppies that she didn't even show it. She and her husband are such great people. :) Anyways, here's a few pictures, I've already got my eye on one of the females, but of course, I won't know for sure until they're a little older. Nothing is sweeter than a box of Chocolates! Chocolate labs that is! :D Well, a box of pibble puppies would be right up there too... lol

This is the one I'm looking at...

Look at those widdle paws!!

I'm so excited to watch these little ones grow, and I'm even more excited for the end of July when I get to bring one home!!

Thanks for looking!

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Alright! This is gonna be a long 8 weeks for you, I guess!

Side note: After seeing so many stafford litters and pics of APBT/Bully litters it's kind of weird seeing the whole litter the same colour!

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
awwwww :( i want another puppy... they grow up too quick

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Very cute! I love chocolate labs but the english variety. I love there build with there stocky bodies and block heads lol! I will have one someday ;). Any names picked out for your choco baby?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
very cute , congrats :)

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Awww puppies! I used to be a really big Labrador fan before I got into pit bulls. I had a lab mix. She was crazy hyper. That dog had energy for days. I'd walk her 4 miles and she'd still be wild when we got home.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Do you know what bloodline or if they were bred for work/show/pet? Just wondering, i've seen some pretty awesome labs around but most are BYB garbage. Pretty sad what the average lab has become. Anyway, pups look cute!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright! This is gonna be a long 8 weeks for you, I guess!

Side note: After seeing so many stafford litters and pics of APBT/Bully litters it's kind of weird seeing the whole litter the same colour!
Yes, it is going to be an incrediby long 8 weeks! Luckily I am good friends with the breeder, so I get to see them whenever I want! :D Her last litter was all chocolates as well, both parents come from long lines of chocolate only litters, so the color is pretty refined.

Very cute! I love chocolate labs but the english variety. I love there build with there stocky bodies and block heads lol! I will have one someday ;). Any names picked out for your choco baby?
We have decided on the name Sophie! :) As far as her registered name, we have no idea yet... lol

Awww puppies! I used to be a really big Labrador fan before I got into pit bulls. I had a lab mix. She was crazy hyper. That dog had energy for days. I'd walk her 4 miles and she'd still be wild when we got home.
Yes, they are very high-energy dogs. I had a female from their last litter, same parents (my ex took her from me...) and she was an incredible dog, very driven and an amazing hunter!

Do you know what bloodline or if they were bred for work/show/pet? Just wondering, i've seen some pretty awesome labs around but most are BYB garbage. Pretty sad what the average lab has become. Anyway, pups look cute!
KMdogs, please read my previous thread... http://www.gopitbull.com/pitbull-lounge/36629-excited-ness.html I explain all details about the breeder in there. Trust me, they are far from a BYB, with everything I have learned on this site, I don't take breeding lightly! These dogs are mostly bred for work, they come from long lines of hunting dogs, and the offspring from their last litter all went to working homes. They always screen potential owners to make sure they will be going to a good home. Please read the thread I linked above though, I don't want anyone to be under the impression that I'm getting my puppy from just any breeder, because they are breeding for the betterment of the breed, health and temperament wise. They only have the mother and father, and have only bred them once before. This is their second and last litter, and they were not planning to breed again after the first one, but they had such a high demand for people wanting another one of the puppies from those parents that they decided to breed one last time. All puppies were spoken for before the breeding was planned. :)

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Cool thanks, i'll check it out. I wasn't trying to give that impression or assumed you were getting puppies from a BYB, i didn't see your other thread before this one so wasn't sure what they were bred for, if you knew. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts