Go Pitbull Forums banner

the pups gave ME a christmas present!

845 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  luoozer 
#1 ·
for the very first time, both of them were in the same room with knuckle bones, and there was peace and quite!

usaully i keep them in seperate rooms when i give them kunckle bones/kongs becuase they fight over them ( nalla starts and nemo finishes :mad: ) they get along great with rug ropes, tennis balls, frisbee's ect, even nylabones! but real bones and kongs is a big no no. i gave them to them in seperate rooms but they migrated close to each other within minutes and stayed there for 45 minutes before i stopped pushing my luck and seperated them again. i was very proud, ive been worrking with them about this ( and food ) but i never REALLY thought they'd be able to do be by each other like this.

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
thanks everyone, the younger female is the food agressive one, my male doesnt care at all, she can sit right next to him while he eats and he still takes his time.

but yep i dont ever expect them to eat next to each other on a daily basis, or chew on bones in the same room. but at the same time, my male is getting DA but we can still walk by a dog and he doesnt try to kill it. im just trying to get them too ignore each other with bones/food. so far so good, i just didnt want it getting any worse and leading to the two of them not getting along.

the whole thing with the bones is nalla (the younger female) will chew on hers for a while, and then put it in her crate and try to take nemo's off him,even though he's on the other side of the house, which he obviously doesnt like. i guess id consider it possesiveness, but im sure the fact that she food aggressive/guarding doesnt help this. she puts everything in her crate, toys, bones, things she finds on the floor, everything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.