Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you guys been watching this (Futurama season 6)?
I missed the first few episodes, just got the chance to watch them last night, and I LOL'ed several times. There was even one point where I had to rewind a few times...Very nice.
The voices are slightly different, they're the same actors but it sounds like some of the pipes are rusty. Fry's voice is a little less nasally and bender is about an octave lower, but the writing and scripting are as good as they ever were.

Fry's first line of the season: "Hey, where's my shoes?"
(Just wait for it, you'll see, OMG LOL.)

So funny. If you're a fan of Futurama and didn't know about this, you need to get on the ball and see them. You won't be disappointed.

It's airing on comedy central, I think wednesday nights at 9? The third episode aired last night, Im about to watch it now. :)

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I have to be honest and say I was disappointed in it. I have caught the premier, and one other episode, and while they were funny, they were not nearly as good as before. I miss the tension between Fry and Leela. It seems like they have kind of gone the way of the Simpsons, they gave the viewers everything they wanted, and lost all elements of surprise. While it's good enough to watch, I don't think any of the episodes have been on par with the originals. The iPhone episode was ok, but will be easily outdated, it was funny to watch once, but there's no replay value. The magical perfect mix of writing is just not there, with the old ones, when I rewatch I find myself thinking "man, I forgot all that was in this episode".

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol, ya, I still watch the old ones, I've got all of the season sets and the movies...I was disappointed in two of the movies (beast w/ billion backs, and into the wild green yonder) but the other two I rewatch just as much as the old series.
And you are right, the new story lines are not as complex and twisting as the old ones were. I didn't consider the "thats in THIS episode?" factor until you mentioned it.
As far as the re-watchability(?) of these episodes, for me, only time will tell, but I really did enjoy them.
As far as the Fry and Leela thing, I'm open minded. I mean, first off, who says it's going to last? And secondly, who says a couple cant be funny?
It's definitely a little different, but I'm enjoying them, and I'm ecstatic to see one of my favorite toons of all time back on the air.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Yep I have been watching since the first new one!

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Because of my roommate,I have missed every one so far.
Even though I TOLD her I wanted to watch them.

Do you know if I can watch them online someplace? haven't been able to find them.

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
I watched an episode last night with Leela & a boil on her bum... I hafta say that kind of humor is just unsatisfying & slightly annoying to me... BTW any Tyler Perry movie/show I've grown to hate - It's stupid, plain & simple.

Family guy is funny but I hate how 'left wing' they are. I'd rather watch stand up, adam sandler or jim carey flick... I like Red vs Blue & Daria as far as cartoons...

My husband's into that show with the talking milkshake, meatball & fries (ugh) I even suffered through the movie with him and his friends >.<... But there's nothing funnier to me than a group of guys entertained by odd cartoons LoL

Though I liked how futurama made fun of the I-phone & how ridiculous technology has become - that was funny

1 - 12 of 12 Posts