Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night walking King a lady told me to hold my dog still he is moving too much! She said in way :mad:, so she can walk pass with a chi wowwa, "Making more noise than a little bit". I can't understand how people think about a breed of dog, when it is not the dog its the owners who trained their dogs to do the wrong things. My king had finish his bathroom walk and we was going inside. I wanted to say something to her but i just left it.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Id have had some smart remark for her CHi , I hate those yappy nippy lil dogs My aunts own a bunch of them and they have bit more people then I care to count, but they are "smsll and cute" so i guess they can get away with it. LOL I have had some nasty remarks from lil dog owners walking past my dogs who usually behave alot better then there dogs I used to just bite my tongue but I just get tired of the stuff ignorant people say I now school them a bit before I walk off.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
If that was us I would have to make Dosia heel and stay or he'd eat it. Ever since he was a pup and was attacked by chi's he wants to eat every one he sees.

·
Registered
8 Posts
good thread lol.i hate that when some people get all scared or give you a stupid face when walking your dog.

the other day,i was walking Kilo,super friendly pup,so im walking him like 4 houses down from mine,theres an older man standing outside i look and smile,i keep walking..i see his chihuahua running towards me/it got out of the house or something,and the men yell "hey hold your dog!" all pissed.lol...in my head im like "dude,your dogs the one thats loose,not mine" lol...

antother one,at the dog park,youd expect people to be friendly there and not be stereotypes. kilo had a blue collar on at the time,lady comes and says "oh good thing you have a blue collar on him so he wont look so aggressive and mean" ....idiot!..haha.oh well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
hey guys whats up.

so my stupid cousin owns a boston terrier, and was attacked by a pitbull and bit him really nasty. he is going to survive thats the good thing. but i told her straight up it was your fault for not being a responsible owner, and also the pitbull's owner fault. but what amazed me was how quick were people ready to response and talk bad about pitbulls. i was so mad and still am, here is what one person wrote.

Ohhhh Geez Diana i just read what happened!!! Poor little baby boy! Im so sorry! I hope he feels better! My moms 10 year old little Chiwawa was killed by a pit! And ever since then i dont like them dogs!!! Im gonna pray for you guys!! :(

Diana Gardea Gandara LIKE I SAID! Agression in Pittbulls is different with humans than it is with animals! And its real unfortunate that these dogs are owned mostly by young ignorant IRRISPONSIBLE wana be rappers that think its sooooo "KWEL" how much damage one... of these dogs can do!!! And drive around town with them in there CAR! And excuse me if i "dilike" them because i have read and heard how many kids and people and animals they have killed!!! For you being a Pittbull owner you sure do act UN-educated about them also! You know excatly what im talking about read about it! MAYBE YOU NEED TO EDUCATE YOUSELF MORE before you end up eating your own words!See More

what do u guys have to say to this little brat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
she's hilarious she also wrote this

Diana Gardea Gandara If certain breeds require additional efforts to be brought to an acceptable safety level, then you have conceded they are more dangerous. It is simple. Yes, you can often trace pit bull attacks to a human issue, but the question to ask is why aren't irresponsibly owned labs attacking at anywhere near the same rate? I too blame the owner but i honestly believe it has alot to do with the breed also!
about an hour ago · LikeUnlike.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
good thread lol.i hate that when some people get all scared or give you a stupid face when walking your dog.

the other day,i was walking Kilo,super friendly pup,so im walking him like 4 houses down from mine,theres an older man standing outside i look and smile,i keep walking..i see his chihuahua running towards me/it got out of the house or something,and the men yell "hey hold your dog!" all pissed.lol...in my head im like "dude,your dogs the one thats loose,not mine" lol...

antother one,at the dog park,youd expect people to be friendly there and not be stereotypes. kilo had a blue collar on at the time,lady comes and says "oh good thing you have a blue collar on him so he wont look so aggressive and mean" ....idiot!..haha.oh well.
FYI, as a pit bull owner, you should avoid the dog park in general. Your dog may not always get along with or even tolerate other dogs so please consider this and don't set your dog up to fail.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
FYI, as a pit bull owner, you should avoid the dog park in general. Your dog may not always get along with or even tolerate other dogs so please consider this and don't set your dog up to fail.
seconded, please stay out of dog parks!!!! There is enough to worry about with this breed having them at a dog park is setting your dog up to potentially fail and disgrace the breed you are trying to protect.

http://www.gopitbull.com/general-discussion/40966-day-park-poem-written-dog-park-lovers.html

http://www.gopitbull.com/general-discussion/36349-pitbulls-dog-parks.html

I agree, some people suck, but if you train your dog to sit and be a "good" dog when one passes, it will only go to strengthen how great the breed is, not be a hard head about it towards others, you don't want to show that the owners can suck as much as they feel the breed does... Its about representing the breed and doing better for it, IMO. Let people be afraid while you never give them a reason to be. Now some people suck and have no manners (like the guy who was yelled at by the guy who had the off leash dog) THAT you can't do anything about, lol. THOSE kid of people suck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Next time you see the Chi lady you should tell her that in a study of dog breeds in relationship to agression levels Chuhuhas rank number 2 as the most agressive breed. Then when she mouths off somthing about, "well I bet pittbulls are number one" Mess her up by informing her that the number one most agressive breed in the Dachusund.

My husband brought home a terrorist from the pound who just happens to be a Minature Dachsund. I found out the above information doing research on the breed. When we first got him he was awful. Barked like crazy and snapped and lunged at anyone who wasnt a part of our household and that extended to car rides and going in public.

Since having him for awhile i've got him trained and better managable but I dont trust him around strangers and am very quick to tell them he's not friendly.

I use to have a pit mix that I trusted with my life. She was the most loyal, obedient and level headed animal i've ever had the pleasure of owning.

....another related story... After getting the miniature dachshund we where at Petsmart with our kids and there was a guy behind us at the checkout counter. On a leash standing next to him was a big ol bully pit, but under his arm was a Dachsund. When my kids asked could they pet his dogs he clinched the Dachsund and said, NO! He's likely to bite you. But said, about his pittbull, he's perfectly friendly, you can pet him all day.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
i would have told her to keep her Chi away from me or i'd punt it like it meant the game .. but i've been bitten by a stupid Chi mix recently

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
she's hilarious she also wrote this

Diana Gardea Gandara If certain breeds require additional efforts to be brought to an acceptable safety level, then you have conceded they are more dangerous. It is simple. Yes, you can often trace pit bull attacks to a human issue, but the question to ask is why aren't irresponsibly owned labs attacking at anywhere near the same rate? I too blame the owner but i honestly believe it has alot to do with the breed also!
about an hour ago · LikeUnlike.
Dog bite stats are fake and untrue because "pit bull" is not referring to the breed American Pit Bull Terrier, it's a generic term the media uses for a countless number of breeds, and mix bred mutts with big heads. If you put 20+ breeds in one group and only one breed in another well then yea it looks like they are way up there when in actuality almost all to none are really APBT's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts