Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, wanted to get a little feedback from you all on the weight of my Sadie baby. She will be 5 months in 2 days, and only weighs around 30 pounds. Her last shots at the vet she weighed around 20 and I just took her to petsmart last night and weighed her and it was bouncing around from 32-26.

She eats normally, 2 to 3 cups a day, some days she eats a little more than others. I got her at 7 weeks and started her off on Avoderm but quickly switched to Royal Canin ( I kind of regret that now but got it because it was recommended by Banfield ) Every week or so I will Grill her a chicken breast on the grill ( no seasoning of course ) and she seems to love that. Other wise shes healthy as can be, pretty coat just is a little thin. She gets compliments all the time on how pretty she is but every once in a while i'll get that " Wow thats a skinny or tiny pitbull "

So what do you guys think? Heres a few pictures of her.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum!Where abouts in Carolina are you?
She looks fine to me.I don't think she's too skinny.
From Florence SC ( Go Gamecocks! ) , Parents currently live in Asheville NC. BUT Im stuck in St Louis right now for about another year then im back to the Carolinas!

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
She's fine. my Beia is just now 34lbs and she will be 8 months old next week.

People who think she's tiny or skinny,probably have no idea what a "real" pit bull is,and have only ever seen crosses or Bullies.
JMO.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
she looks fine to me... cheerio is 9 months and just weighs 35... so your girl is about normal :D welcome to GP.... shes very pretty!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ps: Banfield

Yucky. No good.
Wellll Yeah, we mainly chose Banfield because of the puppy package for a year. Got all her shots and spay for 25/month plus office visits are free. So it all worked out and they seemed to do very well with her.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
she looks fine to me... cheerio is 9 months and just weighs 35... so your girl is about normal :D welcome to GP.... shes very pretty!!!
Thank you! Yeah I never wanted her to be a " buff " PB, I love the way she looks now because I can pass her off as a mix lol ( my apartments dont allow pitbulls )

·
Registered
32 Posts
She's fine. my Beia is just now 34lbs and she will be 8 months old next week.

People who think she's tiny or skinny,probably have no idea what a "real" pit bull is,and have only ever seen crosses or Bullies.
JMO.
Xiahko is exactly right. If you look up history on the breed, the majority were much smaller then what you see today. They were breed as working dogs and not for conformity. In the more recent years people started breeding more for looks then for working dogs.

She's a good looking dog and looks just fine. My Carly stayed in the 30 lbs range until about 8-9 months then she had a growth spurt to just under 50.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pitbulls are actually around that size!!

She is a good siZe, my pitbull is actually the exact same age and looks just like your puppy, her dad is an all American Pittbull terrier, and the mom is a blue nose pitbull, the dad is 80 lbs and the mom is 50lbs my little girl is already 50 @ 5 months on April 16th !! She had her growth spert early! I'm just waiting for her head to grow into her body now!! Lol I don't know how to add pictures tho?!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts