Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night about midnight, I heard the dogs erupting in the yard so I went to investigate. What should I find? A teeneager sized oppossum. It hissed at me and I squeeled! :rofl: My dogs were taunting it and I was about to bring our smaller dogs out so I thought I'd better get the "hunters".
Once I did that..the oppossum didn't last too long. OOO my boy Lucky was so proud of himself, running around with the dead thing in his mouth... slinging it around... wagging his butt...he was so proud of himself! I was too! Of course then he dropped it and wanted to kiss me. OnceLucky got over the majority of his happy dance and I put him up, I let the others play with the dead oppossum as if they had done the deed themselves. They got lots of praise then too...WheW! The yard is safe again!:woof:

· my crazy little mutt pack
3,285 Posts
lol way to go lucky that's awesome, i bet my guys would be proud to. tika loves taking out vermin!!!

3,285 Posts
i'm waiting for tika to train the other girls cheza and lucy lie she did mira, but we haven't had much enter our yard latly. i've actually thought once to twice to get some snake food (i.e. rabbit) and let it loose so she can train them how to kill incase they come in yard (plus it would be very fun for her) but people freak every time i mention it dagum city kids :X lol
my problem is if i and when i move to the contry i don't wnt a dog that can't take care f bussiness, shoot tika has fed herself alomost as much as ive feed her in the last 7 yr and i like it that way. how else am i to know my dog would survivie if some disaster came about?

· K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,358 Posts
skunks.. yelch.. gotta love that! :clap: @BLueFamily way to go, let them dogs get some!

3,285 Posts
The only real vermin we have are skunks and he last time one of my dogs tried to take them out it was not pretty! lol That's great the dog got to do it's job ;)
oh nasty, glad we don't get much of that here, but we have alot of opossum ***** and the occasional armadillo
actually lucy turned on real quick when she saw an armadillo once but i called her off it

· Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Tasha is a tenacious dog and it the professional killer of all things furry in my house but she met her match with the skunk! After it happened she ran back to the house and rolled around and started throwing up! Of course it was like 11:45 and I had to run to the store to get dawn, baking soda, and hydrogen peroxide. I wash NOT going to bathe her inside so she got the hose and it was cold.... stupid dog! lol

I think she thought it was a cat, we had just moved to the country and she has never seen a skunk till then. I think I would freak out of we had possums, those are nasty little critters!

· K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,358 Posts
I gotta bathe my dogs now.. they smell like the fox pens at the breeder zoo; that dang raccoon sprayed urine everywhere. Had to let the sun get up a lil higher because it is cold out and its early morning not late at night, LOL so I can chill..

3,285 Posts
oh dude no doubt, mine would be on a sunk in a heartbeat, but i don't even think tika could handle that! althoug she pretty good about picking them (what every it is) up by the neck mid run by and shaking it till the thing stops moving lol my fam all freak and i'm like giving her treats telling her wat a good girls she is lol, i love it!

· Registered
231 Posts
the hunter in my group is my jack russle :D
he is always coming too the back door with lizards (hundreds of them) sometimes birds and gophers. my pitbull just kinda chases things then lets them go :p

· APBT!
9,636 Posts
Suzanne, I'm so happy that Lucky took care of your problem for you lol! Give him a scratch behind the ear and a "good boy" from me, please!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.