Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I haven't posted in a while cause I'm over seas and don't have much time to but I was just wondering I see a lot of pits on here and other places and then I look at my boy Rocko and I realize that he has a lot of.loose skin around his kneck how do I het him a thicker kneck. Now I know a lot of this is in the genes but there are also workout I'm sure he can do. We do a lot of tugging and a springpole play but is there anything else? He's not a fat boy just in his kneck area

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
How old is he? He might still be growing into his skin. I would hesitate to do any kind of neck specific exercises because of the risk of injury. Your tug and springpole stuff should be enough really.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
yea as said above would need to know the age. But yes if your dog is old enough just work him out . Really there isnt 1 thing that will do it some work different for each dog but best to switch it up between the spring pole, running, wp practice if your into it with proper harness} and any other activity they will do swimming, fetch whatever. I noticed my boy thicken up alot when switched foods to a higher quality. We had zeke on kirklands and put him on Acana , change was amazing within the 1st month. Plus he loves to spring pole. diet, genetics and excerise will all play a role. Some just have more rolls of skin though and nothing you can do, loki gets worked and you can see muscle on him but he still has loose skin , nothing we can do about it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys can always count on this site for that. He is 1year and a half big boy very muscular loves to work. I got him on buffalo wilderness Salmon and every 5 months or so jump him on duck. I really want to het my boy into pulling but everytime I put the harness on him he stares at me like WTF is this lol. And he's afraid of the sound of something being dragged behind him. I've tried using a milk jug with pennies in it to distract him from the.noise but no luck any suggestions

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
check out the wp thread just type in wieght pulling in the search at the top. I dont start them with milk jugs really its alot more noisy then it needs to be and if starting them at a year and a half you can use a small tire to start. Like a motorcycle tire and keep a leash on him and walk him, teach him to go slow and not take off running. as he gets used to pulling it change it up and make him pull on grass or somewhere where it offers more resistance. and then add weight little by little. Iv watched the boyfriend train his dog in it and just recently started my boy in it. Mine has a habit of trying to jump when we get going so trying to curb that. But if you ask in the weight pull thread there are many experienced guys who will answer any questions you have with that too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts