Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I cant get a good picture of him but my aunts little dog is not in the best of health.
I have noticed that toward the bottom on his back its very thinned out. I mean if you look at it at one angle you can see his skin. There is no under coat in some places, and sometimes it gets really red and inflamed. He goes into a itching mode to and keeps itching, less so now though.

Any ideas what it is?

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
could be lots of things. Have you used a flea comb to see if he has fleas, that might cause itching and thinning. It could be mange, has a skin scraping been done by a vet?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
agree with ames, pictures may help if you can get some , but could be various issues.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried to get pictures but it's very hard to tell with my crappy phone camra. I will post the ones I got tomorrow, on the iPad and don't want to wake anyone up by turning on the lights to use the computer.

She had found him with fleas about 3days ago, give or take. I have given her the other night stuff she needs and what she needed to get and do, to get rid of them. Thou from the sounds of it she is skipping a few steps, which shouldn't be done. I have seen it in the past and have given him a oatmeal bath which seemed to sooth everything for a while. I never thought fleas could connect to hair thinning. I will have to keep a eye and watch the signs.

She brought him over and I noticed that he was still scratching and I questioned her about the steps and she didn't do them all. Now before she left one of my dogs started going to town scratching -.- I swear if we have fleas I am going to scream

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
if she found some fleas then he has fleas , I was told for like every one you see there is 100 more lol, so get on the flea treatment now. the thing with fleas though is you need to treat your carpets and furniture as well or can keep comming back , need to kill the eggs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts