Go Pitbull Forums banner

things to look for when buying a ukc purple ribbon bullie

14K views 35 replies 12 participants last post by  Clashez 
#1 ·
Well I'm going to pick up a 2 year old American bully said to be ukc purple ribbon dog.
going to take him to the vet before purchase for check up. He saying he has paper work and the dam was Double storm missy . Paper work wise what do I need to look for and what do I need from seller. To make sure I have a legit dog and not a falsified mutt?

#4 ·
2 year old dog you say? I believe there should be a section on the original papers for him to fill out and send in that will transfer ownership to you as far as registry goes.

Here is the dam's pedigree: BullyPedia|The American Bully Online Pedigree Database

There are two offspring listed there already, is the dog you're purchasing (or considering purchasing) one of them?

Purple ribbon isn't anything special. it just means that a certain number of dogs in the pedigree are also registered. However with the prevalence of paper hanging there is no guarantee without the dog being DNA-P (tested and confirmed that the offspring are in fact offspring of the registered sire and dam).

I'd also be interested in finding more out about the sire. The dam looks to have quite a bit of old school RE.

#6 ·
I have only been shown picture text so far, kind of looks like the one called PUN CLONE but not sure as it's not a good picture. Going to take a 2 hour ride at 2 clock to see the dog.

a 2 year old you should receive the UKC papers already in the owners name. On the back of them it will have a spot for them to sign where they are signing the dog over to you and then have a section for you to fill out in your name and your address and you send all that into the UKC and they put your name on the papers and send them back to you. What is the dogs registered name?
OK so it's like titling a car .. I'll give him a call later on today and get that info

#5 ·
a 2 year old you should receive the UKC papers already in the owners name. On the back of them it will have a spot for them to sign where they are signing the dog over to you and then have a section for you to fill out in your name and your address and you send all that into the UKC and they put your name on the papers and send them back to you. What is the dogs registered name?

#8 ·
To add to this, with UKC the registration papers are also the Pedigree. Purple Ribbon just means that 4 generations have been registered with the UKC. There is also a section on the back of the papers to allow for a change in registered name, or not, depending on the current owner of the dog. Are you buying the dog outright, or will this be a co-own? If co-own, it's very important to get the wording correct on the paperwork.. will it be "XYZ" and "Your Name" or will it be "XYZ" or "Your Name"? I ask because there are limitations and privileges with each. If you're purchasing the dog outright, then you don't have to worry about that.

#9 ·
Wow! He's thick, from the pictures.

#10 ·
He's toed out pretty bad, but other then that I don't think he looks too bad. He could def use smaller feed portions. Are you planning on showing him?
To be quite honest, if you're looking for someone who knows the bully world's opinion you'll want to PM pibullmamanatl. She is actually a judge for the ABKC and really knows her stuff.

#16 ·
I have two younger pups, I been renting since I moved down to TN from new York. I have have my own house on 2 acres now. So there's lots of room ..

Okay, so you'll own him outright and he'll be just a companion. Do you plan on adding kennel setups to manage all 3 of these dogs?
No way there inside dogs , I don't believe in leaving dogs out side 80% of there lives.
The female is only 10 weeks old so I don't have to worry about here getting pregnant any time soon

#14 ·
Okay, so you'll own him outright and he'll be just a companion. Do you plan on adding kennel setups to manage all 3 of these dogs?

#15 ·
So roughly $500 for a companion dog. Considering his ears are cropped already and he's probably been veted, I'd say that's a fair price. He's a sweet looking boy and will probably make a great pet for you. Def work on spay/neuter for all pups as soon as possible to prevent any unwanted litters.

#17 ·
Okay... well I'd advise to at least crate/rotate for now. But, I guess it'll just depend on the new guy's temperament once he's gone through the 2 week shutdown and you've had a chance to see his true colors. He may or may not be tolerant of pups.

#18 ·
Yeah I'm afraid of possible aggression , although owner has 4 kids him self and says he does fine with then pulling on him, ears, tail, skin And trying to ride him like a horse .
but I'm going to put the dog thru a few tests and possibly keep him in a trailer that a few yard down from the back of my house for a week or 2 . Til I feel he is 99% safe

#21 ·
I was speaking about DA (Dog Aggression), not aggression towards humans. If you have a dog that's HA, I advise a dirt nap for said dog. You don't want to seclude the dog from the family during the first 2 weeks at your home, especially if he's going to be an inside dog/companion. You just want him to have time to adjust to the sights, sounds, and smells of the on-goings in your home without too much stimulation (hence, allowing him to be in a crate). Nice house, by the way. I'd love to have even half the amount of land you have!

#28 ·
TOTALLY haunted! lol
doesn't look like there's a any street lights for miles. that house. in the dark. away from emergency services = scary shit.
...but i wish there were houses like that in LA.

#34 ·
Sorry been super busy with work and life stuff.

Lets just say I wasted 6 hours of my life I will never get back..
3 hours driving to go see the dog and the other 3 hours driving back wishing I didn't !!!!

Dog was fine to me then my little girl got out the truck and the dog snapped and when all out crazy vicious ... the dog was a killer no doubt about it.

I said to the Guy I tough he was good with kids and he replied he usually is and laugh..

Thank God I took my kid with me to see the dog and not brought it to my home for it to act like that! !!!

#36 ·
I'm just going to keep it to the two APBT'S I currently have may not add another one ... two is enough lol there a handful especially when they keep trying to climb in bed with you all night

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.