Go Pitbull Forums banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,356 Posts
I have 2 pits and if my bell rings they will both run to the door and fight each other to potentially attack an intruder. How do i get them to work together as opposed to against each other when or if they need to attack.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
If you're looking for attack dogs, get rid of the "pits" and get a Dobe or GSD. True Pit Bulls are bred not to have any human aggression and is not a desired trait.

Joe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I was also thinking about adding a new dog to my family. I currently have a pit bull and I would like to have a bull terrier now. As I read in Costa Cabana, the bull terrier breeder, the bull terrier miniature is very sweet and affectionate and there is nothing to worry about. Still I would like to know your opinions about it. Greetings

·
Registered
1 Posts
Adding more pets to the familiy

Interesting post:goodpost:. I added dogs and cats to my big pet family and didnt really have problems with that. One of the cats is so adorable that will allow the dogs to do anything with him. This cat is almost like a doll for the dogs :love2: The dogs even eat the cat food and the cat wont be bothered at all. I think my cat feels protected by my dogs. They even sleep all together :sleep:

·
Registered
2013, Honda N One
3 Posts
Hi, I was also thinking about adding a new dog to my family. I currently have a pit bull and I would like to have a bull terrier now. As I read in Costa Cabana, the bull terrier breeder, the bull terrier miniature is very sweet and affectionate and there is nothing to worry about. Still I would like to know your opinions about it. Greetings
Pitbull and bull terriers are kind of same because pitbulls are also born after breeding bulls and terriers. If you take my suggestion, go for teacup pomeranians, they are very loving, and cutest dogs. Even they are the smallest dogs that you can get for yourself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Pitbull and bull terriers are kind of same because pitbulls are also born after breeding bulls and terriers. If you take my suggestion, go for teacup pomeranians, they are very loving, and cutest dogs. Even they are the smallest dogs that you can get for yourself.
I would respectfully disagree with this statement. Owning a high prey drive dog such as an APBT and deciding to add a very small breed such as a teacup Pomeranian is a recipe for disaster. Could they end up being totally fine? Yes, but unfortunately that's not a bet I would ever make. Any breed with high prey drive / animal aggression is going to likely act the same way with a small dog as it may with a cat, squirrel, rabbit, etc.

A well socialized APBT may be great with other dogs and play well with a breed such as, say, a GSD, Lab, whatever....but a well socialized APBT will play with a squirrel about the same way as it plays with the cotton stuffed toy it loves too...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013, Honda N One
3 Posts
I would respectfully disagree with this statement. Owning a high prey drive dog such as an APBT and deciding to add a very small breed such as a teacup Pomeranian is a recipe for disaster. Could they end up being totally fine? Yes, but unfortunately that's not a bet I would ever make. Any breed with high prey drive / animal aggression is going to likely act the same way with a small dog as it may with a cat, squirrel, rabbit, etc.

A well socialized APBT may be great with other dogs and play well with a breed such as, say, a GSD, Lab, whatever....but a well socialized APBT will play with a squirrel about the same way as it plays with the cotton stuffed toy it loves too...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
I think you are right. I never thought that way :D

61 - 66 of 66 Posts