Premium Member
9,147 Posts
cute !!! welcome.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and precious, my 2yo mutt

they do need a lot of supervision and are never left alone with each other, i would say she is very short temper.

Attachments

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Handsome pup :) Blue fawn?? Your little mutt looks like a pit bull/bull terrier cross from that pic. She is a cutie. Was she a rescue? Hope she is fixed so Billy doesn't really tick her off when when he matures and he tries to mount her LOL! ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for your coment bella, im not really sure what she is, she was given to me by a friend from california, shes intact and like i said they are never left alone or unsupervised when they are together, she is my baby but i know what she is and i know what she is capable of if left alone. i will try to get a better pic of her standing up and see who can come up with an idea of what she may have in her. shes is kind of heavy right now, 56 lbs, long winter in UT,

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
thanks for your coment bella, im not really sure what she is, she was given to me by a friend from california, shes intact and like i said they are never left alone or unsupervised when they are together, she is my baby but i know what she is and i know what she is capable of if left alone. i will try to get a better pic of her standing up and see who can come up with an idea of what she may have in her. shes is kind of heavy right now, 56 lbs, long winter in UT,
Well, I would still get her spayed because you will save yourself ALOT of aggravation having a male in the house. I don't think you know what you are in for having two intact dogs. Accidents happen sometimes no matter how vigilant you are ;) Plus she is a mutt as you said and pyometra isn't anything to chance with an intact bitch that is never going to be bred. Just some friendly advice for you :)

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
cute pups, the baby is precious

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks i will take that into consideration, i really hate to do things to dogs that are unnatural to them, but i dont want to risk her life either. again thanks for the advice, since you brought this up whats the best metod to prevent the infection without doing the surgery?, should i keep her indoors during and weeks after her heat cycle, mind you shes almost always indoors except when i bring her out to run or when she goes potty, she doesnt really like to be outside by herself unless we are together and i hate when people stand in front of my house to look at her.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
thanks i will take that into consideration, i really hate to do things to dogs that are unnatural to them, but i dont want to risk her life either. again thanks for the advice, since you brought this up whats the best metod to prevent the infection without doing the surgery?, should i keep her indoors during and weeks after her heat cycle, mind you shes almost always indoors except when i bring her out to run or when she goes potty, she doesnt really like to be outside by herself unless we are together and i hate when people stand in front of my house to look at her.
There really is no sure fire way of preventing it other than spaying. If she is already two years old than she is pretty much done growing and maturing. I would look into spaying her now but JMO ;) However, pyometra is common in older females 5-9 years old but can still happen to young dogs even after there first heat cycle. Here is a great link and info on the infection. It's pretty scary and I wouldn't chance it. My girl is still intact and will be a year old next month. I wanted to show her but it just isn't going to happen so I am going to spay her around 18 months old just so she can finish maturing :)
Pyometra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
funny, i just finish reading it, but yeah i think i should bring this up next time i bring her to the vet for check ups, thanks.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
funny, i just finish reading it, but yeah i think i should bring this up next time i bring her to the vet for check ups, thanks.
Anytime man :) Glad I could help! It's all about education and that's why people like us are on these forums ;)

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Cute pups :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts