Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was after all the classes were over this guy and his girlfriend showed up when we were all packing up and waiting for the raffles to start. He sees loki and asks if he can see him but the whole time watching luna { who I had on leash with me} finally he starts talking about his kennel and blah blah , says he is looking for a nice blue girl for his stud BAHAHAHAHAHAHA In my head im like no thanks buddy but figured we would amuze him for a minute. We started talking about our dogs and how they are american bullys { he called his pitbulls , typical for up here} and about the ABKC , he was looking at crush and we brought up his grandpa Suarezbulls victorious and how he is a GRCH in the ABKC { guy looked clueless} and talked about the bloodlines in our dogs. I asked him what lines his dogs was and his response was " oh he isnt razors edge or anything he is a blue" And then showed us pictures on his phone of his litter he has right now all proud cause there are 6 blues in there ... By this point its been a loooong day so as caleb talked with them a bit I just got snotty and was like we need to get this packed up , guy was a complete moron. I just havent seen someone come looking for a female for there boy before found that weird usually its female owners looking for studs , guy just irritated me beyond belief. i wish I had the energy that day to educate him abit I was just soo tired { we had a 2 year old and 4 year old with us alll day at the show, no babysitter no was extra wearing lol}. But this is the typical mentality of people up here who breed american bullys. I would like to educate these people and try and get the ABKC up here so we have something to show these people and start defining my bullys as a breed of there own up here , have people stop calling the american bullys pitbulls. I know I complain alot about the ABKC being non existent up here but been thinking lately about what a few people have said about hosting a show up here , Want others opinions on what we can do up here to bringing positive attention to this breed as its own breed. Im thinking get to a few ABKC shows this year and maybe try and plan something for the end of next year , gives me time to reach out to the bully breeders we have out here and to the people who have purchased off them and gives me a chance to learn { cause there is got to be a ton of stuff I need to soak up before then}. I had talked to one of the ABKC judges online and voiced my concern about people not having ABKC papers up here and if it would even be worth it. he said to do temporary registrations at the show , but If the ABKC closes the books next year that may hinder that idea as well. Anyone have any ideas or things I can point out to people like this guy when I run into them { its weekly that either myself or the boyfriend meet people like this } Thinking maybe a fun show , but then do I need a ABKC judge there still?

·
15 wins 3 losses
461 Posts
Man, sounds like the guy was a complete tool..

Back when I had my old boy, Cuddles, and even with Whit, I've had people asking me if I was interested in studding them out. I just say "sorry, he's neutered" haha.

But that's good that you're looking to reach out and get the ABKC up there in your area, I hope it works out :)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
very frustrating thats all lol , been running into such ignorant comments lately and as much as Im used to it and just kinda brush stuff off it get tiring having to repeat myslef so much lol. I had a family friend that I hadnt seen in a year or so come over for dinner one night { she got me involved in the horse world when i was younger and knows how much I love all animals} She commented on how gorgeous my dogs where but then pulled me aside and asked if I was fighting them ...like serious? I had to explain to her about the american bully and that its actually a complete different breed then the ones they used for fighting back in the day. I think I need to print off some pamphlets to hand out about the breed for the next time im asked something aff the wall lol.

·
15 wins 3 losses
461 Posts
Lol just print out a paper and post it up at your front door haha

In nice big print, have it say "READ BEFORE ENTERING" Hahahaha!!

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
It's the same around here. Everything is a pitbull. I try educating but people are ignorant. You can't educate those that don't want to learn!

·
Super Moderator
4,563 Posts
"Oh, an American Bulldog? Isn't he kinda small?" No, an American BULLY.
Oye Vey! I know how you feel. But good onya for stepping up and doing what your doing to get the education where it needs to be. :)

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
I think a good way to have the ABKC come to Canada is to have a judge reside in Canada ;) DO IT GIRL

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sometimes there is no educating the ignorant!!
We are looking in to getting Boomerrang nutard, we have had countless people ask about breading him with there female!! It just dumb founds me that people walking down the street will just stop and ask if they can bring their female down here and let them bread...And its always a big NNNOOOO we are not breaders and we have no intentions on breading, and their like man thats a waist, and before it turns into and argumant I get my dogs and take them in!! Not to mention were I live the paper is full of adds selling APBT for one hundred dollars!!!!
Have a nice one
Angie

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"Oh, an American Bulldog? Isn't he kinda small?" No, an American BULLY.
Oye Vey! I know how you feel. But good onya for stepping up and doing what your doing to get the education where it needs to be. :)
lol american bulldog , I had someone show up to look at pups thinking they were american bulldogs and confused as to why they are red lol.

I think a good way to have the ABKC come to Canada is to have a judge reside in Canada ;) DO IT GIRL
That would be a good idea , Ill have to look into what is involved to become one , and its probably not something that can be done fast, wouldnt be so bad if the ABKC brought in more UKC judges we have alot of them up here.

Sometimes there is no educating the ignorant!!
We are looking in to getting Boomerrang nutard, we have had countless people ask about breading him with there female!! It just dumb founds me that people walking down the street will just stop and ask if they can bring their female down here and let them bread...And its always a big NNNOOOO we are not breaders and we have no intentions on breading, and their like man thats a waist, and before it turns into and argumant I get my dogs and take them in!! Not to mention were I live the paper is full of adds selling APBT for one hundred dollars!!!!
Have a nice one
Angie
Its a lil different here as far as the breeders we really dont have alot of american bully breeders and maybe see 1 ad in the paper for them every few months if that { never seen them for $100 though lol, more like $1500-$3500} I dont have a problem with people breeding up here honestly but when the guy doesnt even know what he has as far as bloodlines and then trying to match up with a female based on looks and not even asking about her lines and obviously non are health tested And then ontop of it he doesnt even know what american bully is yet he is breeding them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts