Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey heres something i found hanging up on a door to the flea market it was an add for american pitbull terriers for sale. (more like merle american bullies)

went like this

full blooded american pitbull terriers for sale rare tye die coloring never before bred in ct! pure bred xxl parents 100 plus pound dogs guarenteed from this litter! this color has never been seen in ct before! HUGE heads and enormous mouths as pure as they come! come quick beofre they all sell out great high quality pure bred dogs with unbeatable prices best male of litter goes for $1,500 the rest of the mqales go for $1, 300 and females $900. come quickly for this special offer and rare breeding!

i had a phone conversation with this loony breeding them i need to get going now but i will be back to type what was said. so i'll be back soon let me tell you this guy is a bit nutty!!!!!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
now the time has come for the Merle dogs to be advertised as the ultimate apbts,and the breeders of the blue dogs to breath a sigh of relief or jump on the Merle bandwagon,and now time for breeders to claim that the color has actually existed for hundreds of years in this breed,despite the lack of photos. with no photos they are "that rare!"so rare in fact that they were never even photographed once,kinda like a big foot or some mythical creature of unknown[or in this case pure as the day is long]linage.don't be fooled by beauty,they are rare,they are exotic and beautiful and most importantly,they are not pure by any means.

3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
ok im back so heres how my conversation went. i called him on my cell the very moment i saw that flyer!

i'll jump into the good stuff.

Me: i saw your add for rare american pitbull terriers i am pretty new to the breed but i think i might want to buy one from you if they are rare!

Him: that is great!!

Me: well could you tell me about size i mean i am not an expert but i have never seen a 100 plus pound pitbull being walked before.

Him: well that is because those dogs are either a different breed or are a mix with something else some people like their pits mixed so they don't pull as hard when they walk usually those are older people though.

Me: i dunno if that sounds healthy short and 100 plus pounds i mean the dogs on your flyer werent really tall at all.

Him: it is perfectly fine they have always been bred this way that is a sign of purity!

Me: oh!?

Him: yup you never saw ones like these cuz they are rare and havent been bred in connecticut before im not trying to start a new fad i just travel state to state and breed one rare litter for each state you know like spreading the wealth.

Me: well what about color i mean i never saw a pitbull colored like that before!

Him: because they are very rare they are popular in other states.

Me: if this color is popular in plenty of states what makes it rare?

Him: we are in ct so it is rare here. well even more rare then other states.

Me: well im online now i have pulled up an article about the merle gene in apbts and it says this does come with health problems in the breed and is a sign that the dog has been mixed so that means your dogs arent pure blooded!!

Him: ofcourse they are!!

Me: then why does it say that about the merle gene?

Him: you know people try to make the breed look bad.

Me; hmm well i don't know what color has to do with people trying to make the breed look bad it looks to me like they are trying to warn people about this color not use it to make the breed look bad.

Him: well that how it works kiddo.

Me: i think i will go to a different breeder i get the feeling you are trying to play me and arent a real breeder!

Him: NO wait trust me i have been knowledgable about this breed for a long time the tye dye color whatever it is called has been in the breed from the start along with the big size go to another breeder if you want a scrawny mutt!

Me: i really get the feeling you do not know what you are talking about you cant even back up your statements with facts you just say stuff with no evidence maybe you should take down your flyer and edit it saying warning unhealthy merle gene found in dogs do not buy unless you want to throw your money away on mutts!

Him: you obviously do not know much about this breed i specialize in!!!i will help you see the truth how about this i will sell you a dog for $200 cheaper not including choice male!

Me: well are your dogs UKC registered do they have temperment and health tests done?

Him:... umm.... my dogs are perfect examples of the breed they are as good as it gets

Me: sorry you can't even answer that question the correct way i am sure i need to find someone else sorry!! then i hung up and wrote on the flyer they are crappy a** mutts! look up about the merle gene in this breed before you throw your money away on poorly bred dogs that arent even UKC registered!!!!!!!

well ofcourse i am not new to the breed and wasn't even home to look up rthe merle gene i just wanted to see how byb's pull a blanket of security over their buyers eyes before they throw their money away that way if they find out their dog is crap it is too late to do anything about it. and man that is what i feel he was doing...either that or he is a tardo and really thinks he is smart.:flush:

3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
question should it be illegal for some people to breed dogs...or should it be illegal for some people to breed themselves?:confused: hmm which one to choose...

3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
when he answered the phone did he say hello,"David Wilson here"?
no he just said helllooooo. i take it this dave wilson is of similar corrput beliefs?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Wow that almost as good at the people I talked to the other night who have a litter and ended up with, Rednose, Black nose, and two American Pits, but they all from a bluenose family............huh?

·
RateMyPitbull.com Moderator
4,389 Posts
Love it. He moves from state to state spreading the wealth. Called merle "tie-dyed". Yet, he's the expert. And even after you told him off, he was still willing to sell you a pup. A reputable breeder will never have to beg someone to buy their stock.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Lol, wow, tie dyed, I've heard a lot of weird descriptions, but that's one I haven't heard yet. :hammer: What an idiot!

Good for you for you for calling this guy and putting him on the hot seat!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
wow..some ppl will try anything, but i guess if you dont at lest know a lil' sumfin about the breed you would 'think' that tye-dye is a VERY rare thing and you prb. would think it would be pure bred. these poor pups! and ppl! i would of done the same thing girl! my only thing is..i wonder how many of these liters he's actually passed off?!

i just can't get over the whole tye dye...*shakes head*

·
Registered
328 Posts
haha nice that is what im talking about... That guy felt like he got owned so bad he had to go get a beer and sit in front of a tv with a cig in his other hand!!

3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dave wilson "created" the razoredge pitbull
oh... sorry i am very rusty on the history of american bullies i know a little about the breed and pretty much nothing about the history i like them but not enough to learn that much about them. i just stick to apbts. i do know a few things about atl eats 90% of dog brreds though....:eek:

3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
wow..some ppl will try anything, but i guess if you dont at lest know a lil' sumfin about the breed you would 'think' that tye-dye is a VERY rare thing and you prb. would think it would be pure bred. these poor pups! and ppl! i would of done the same thing girl! my only thing is..i wonder how many of these liters he's actually passed off?!

i just can't get over the whole tye dye...*shakes head*
exactly why someone with a little common sense will do some research on a breed they want and will beable to tell what is a phoney sales pitch. the ones that don't....welll i just like to say ignorance is not an excuse because you don't have to be ignorant if you don't want to be. all i can say about people who are future buyers of this guys dogs is they are idiots no justification to that! good research on the breed before you get one will let you know that guys dogs are crap and worth crap although i do feel bad for them! ( the dogs that is not future buyers of these dogs!)

3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
oh i didnt mention he put up a new flyer at the flea market i wrote the same thing on it though. this time it had something extre

COME BUY THESE PUPS QUICKLY THEY ARE GREAT DOGS YOU CAN"T GET ONE LIKE THIS ANY WHERE ELSE!! in big bold red letters at the bottom of the page. someone saw me writing on it asked what i was doing i explained to them and they said oh thanls for letting me knoe i actually saw this flyer the other day and i was planning on buying one thats why i came back just now to get the number off the flyer. apparently him and two other friends wanted to buy one he said he would warn them he looked only about 18 or so he had a lot of questions to ask me about the breed i told him a good place to look about the breed would be the ukc web site so he can know what to look for he said it would be a sure thing. but man talk about fate this kid was about to call that man to buy a dog just as i happened to be wrecking this guys flyer. i like the way that turned out!

any way this guy seems pretty desperate but good he shouldnt be polluting my state with his crap one thing true about his flyer is ct has never seen a merle pitbull my entire life never saw one. not to say at least one person doesnt have one but chances of a merle "pitbull" in ct are very very slim i think that is why people arent buying any from him pits are a pretty popular breed here ofcourse there are plenty who fear the breed but people here are used to seeing regular average american pit bull terriers and often strangers who don't have one have conversations with people who do. i can say i have only seen a few american bullies in ct but here we like to stick with the actual thing. i don't think people here are that stupid......... i dont think they are that stupid seems like that guy still has all his pups and like i said maybe people think there is something wrong with his dogs looking that way i would have to say about 87% of people here have never seen an american bully or merle colored pitbull in real life.

i should call him back and tell that guy sorry but your trying to sell your garbage in the wrong state! then just hang up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts