Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I noticed Champ has these small bumps on the top of his head between his ears. They are about the size of pimple but they are really hard. Its probably 6 or 7 of them up their but that is the only place he has them. They do not seem to hurt him and he doesn't try to scratch them or rub his head up against stuff to scratch them. I know for a fact they were not there sunday evening because I bathed him and I would have felt them when I washed his head. Has anybody ever encountered something like this? I tried to get pics but you can't really see them at all. I can just feel them when I'm petting him.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
If they just showed up it is a chance they are hives from something he is allergic too. My bet would be some sort of contact allergen that he brushed up against. If it was my dog I would give him a bath with dawn dish soap to clean his coat from any contaminates that could be oil based. You can start him on a course of benadryl for a few days. That should take care of them in a few days if they stay or get larger then you have to think of more serious things. Again my guess is hives and they are no big deal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts