Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had our new dog, Harlot for exactly one week this past friday. She has a lot of issues but i know she will overcome them with the attention and love we give her. We will take good care of her and help her enjoy doing what dogs love doing....being a dog. Her first outing was nerve racking for her but at the end of the day we got her to go for walk at night while everyone was in to keep her nervousness down to a minimal. Saturday morning we took her for another walk to the water and she really looked like she enjoyed it. She even got her paws wet after having a lot of hesitation. I kept inviting her in she finally got up from laying down and walked in with me. I saw a fun side of her today and that made me happy. Don't get me wrong it's not all fine and dandy having her as part of the family i do have to change my tone of voice for her to think twice about not hurting my other little dogs and she is going to have to learn that she is not allowed on couches and beds unless we invite her on, house rule for our other dogs now for her as well. One day at a time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
at our weekend getaway spot.

We've had our new dog, Harlot for exactly one week this past friday. She has a lot of issues but i know she will overcome them with the attention and love we give her. We will take good care of her and help her enjoy doing what dogs love doing....being a dog. Her first outing was nerve racking for her but at the end of the day we got her to go for walk at night while everyone was in to keep her nervousness down to a minimal. Saturday morning we took her for another walk to the water and she really looked like she enjoyed it. She even got her paws wet after having a lot of hesitation. I kept inviting her in she finally got up from laying down and walked in with me. I saw a fun side of her today and that made me happy. Don't get me wrong it's not all fine and dandy having her as part of the family i do have to change my tone of voice for her to think twice about not hurting my other little dogs and she is going to have to learn that she is not allowed on couches and beds unless we invite her on, house rule for our other dogs now for her as well. One day at a time.

Attachments

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
This section is for Dog Shows, weight pull, agility, lure coursing and the likes, not general family outings, so I'll move your thread to the appropriate section for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts