Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any have any suggestions on how to help scare birds away from the dog food? when i go out in the morning to feed my outdoor dogs, it like birds are always waiting on me. I can see them in the trees watching me and its kinda creepy ..lol As soon as i walk away i can hear their wings flapping as they try to swoop down and steal food. The dogs chase them off but while they are not looking they almost sworm the food bowls. I've made severl non-succesful attemps to scare them off, i've even gone as far as making a make shift scare crow..lmao

Any suggestions?
:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
a .22 or BB gun should thin them out.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
When I feed my pup, he pretty much eats it all up right away. I don't leave any food out there. Are you putting it out there for them to eat throughout the day?

Only other suggestion I have is to get a pellet air-rifle, and start pickin 'em off, they'll eventually stop going near your place all together.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OldFortKennels said:
LMAO! Thats about where i'm at right now. They really startin to piss me off! :angeldevi

NesOne- I only leave it out there for about an hour. I put it out when i get up in the morning and i pick it up when i get back from taking my daughter to school.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
So are your dogs not hungry at the time you put it out there? Maybe you can put it out there when you get back instead, and watch them eat it?

3,968 Posts
get a cat.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
OldFortKennels said:
Yep thats what I do to get rid of mine.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NesOne said:
So are your dogs not hungry at the time you put it out there? Maybe you can put it out there when you get back instead, and watch them eat it?
I think i will start waiting til i get back in the morning. That way i can sit out there and drink my coffee and moderate those **ckers! ...lol
Those don't always eat as soon as i put it down. They get excited to see me and want to play everything.

3,968 Posts
i have never heard of a bird eating dog food though. thats a new one to me lol.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
our outside dogs got to where they would stalk and kill the birds they got really got at it too everyday they would kill at least 2 or 3 thank got where we live now we really haven't seen any birds hanging out yet

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
hell no they wont go said:
i have never heard of a bird eating dog food though. thats a new one to me lol.
Yup, birds eat all kinds of stuff. The bad thing about them eating out of the dog bowl, is that if they have done it at another house, and say that dog was infected with parvo, and the bird happen to somehow step on some feces, guess where their feet are going to be when they attempt to eat out of your dog's bowl. I guess that's more of a concern for puppies, but still....

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, i guess i'm gonna have to get me a lil pea shooter...lol All i have is a 12 guage over under and a 30/30. Might take out one of the dogs if i use those..lol That is so true Nes about them spreading their nastyness around...lol

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Yup, you can get a "Crossman" pump rifle for like $40 at Walmart. If you're willing to fork out $100 you can get the cool ones that only require one pump, and shoot about 1000 ft. per second. That thing is strong enough to take out cats.... not that I would do that or anything... :cool:

·
The M.F. Problem
4,878 Posts
Why not get rid of many at one time. I propose you set the food out around the same time... Covered in alkaseltzer! Leave the dogs inside and hide out where you need to to shoo them f***** down with a .22 . WalMart also sells a pretty sweet Mossberg for about $120 and Ruger .22 for $100. The ruger is very reliable and if you get the blue grey combo you can find a, ass load of bad ass accessories for it. But try the Alkaseltzer thing, it'll snow guts in your yard:snow:

·
RateMyPitbull.com Moderator
4,389 Posts
Buy some bird feeders. It's gotta be cheaper than a gun, and if they had their own food, maybe they wouldn't bother the dog's.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, i'll fork over that kinda money to pick'em off. Not only are they eat their food but bathing in their WATER!!! Thats it, i'm going hunting today!:mad:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
smokey_joe said:
Buy some bird feeders. It's gotta be cheaper than a gun, and if they had their own food, maybe they wouldn't bother the dog's.
The only problem I foresee with a feeder, is all the feces they will leave on/near/around the feeder after they eat.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts