Go Pitbull Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
The M.F. Problem
4,878 Posts
He looks nice. The ticking color is not that rare though. Actually pretty common especially in the bullies out in Cali for some reason. If your talking about a nice solid weight id say 85 to 90 lbs if you plan on keeping him nice trimmed and solid. If not the sky's the limit.
see this link if you wanna check out some other big bullies
.: Iron Cross Kennels :.pitbulls, bluepitbulls, pit bull puppies, pit bull kennels, pitbull farm, american pitbull terrier,
1stly, I am not a fan of ICK at all. Second, I gotta give this post props. Ticking is very common, especially in Gottyline dogs. Being that he's a cross between two very different bully lines, there' no telling what you're gonna get, but yes, 85 90 is prolly where you're gonna be if you keep him healthy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
TICKED -A color rarely seen on an APBT or AmStaff. A white base coat with colored specks throughout the entire coat. Patches are permissable. Commonly seen on German Pointers, this color is unique and striking and will turn heads.

~DIFFERENCE~

MEREL- A color usually said to be genetic defect and is said not to be excepted in most assosiations. Merel resembles pieces of torn paper scattered randomly. Merel can have any two, and rarely seen three colors.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Sorry, I corrected my initial post....I ment to say the way he is ticked is rare....ususally its around the chest or legs or here and there.....or you may see a pit just like my rico with a big random patch somewhere.....But Rico is all ticked with coal black ears.....kinda looks like horns....lol....but yes I have done my research and have seen 21 blackjacks offspring. Does anyone know why his offspring come out ticked? If you look at a picture of him....he has no ticking anywhere. Not that I have seen anyway. That is wierd.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I have heard it said that pits with ticking have Heeler mixed in somewhere in their ancestry, but I do not know how true that is. I do see many pits with ticking listed as dalmatian mixes on CL and in shelters, so ticking is not rare, I would say more often it is just not properly identified, there are probably many people out there with ticked pits that they adopted, and they go through the dogs whole life believing it is a dalmatian/lab mix.

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Sorry, I corrected my initial post....I ment to say the way he is ticked is rare....ususally its around the chest or legs or here and there.....or you may see a pit just like my rico with a big random patch somewhere.....But Rico is all ticked with coal black ears.....kinda looks like horns....lol....but yes I have done my research and have seen 21 blackjacks offspring. Does anyone know why his offspring come out ticked? If you look at a picture of him....he has no ticking anywhere. Not that I have seen anyway. That is wierd.
I can get you a vid of a dog that looks just like yours.

here it is

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
1stly, I am not a fan of ICK at all. Second, I gotta give this post props. Ticking is very common, especially in Gottyline dogs. Being that he's a cross between two very different bully lines, there' no telling what you're gonna get, but yes, 85 90 is prolly where you're gonna be if you keep him healthy.
I think I may know the reason but why not? Oh and I wasn't saying that I like them I was just letting th op know that big bullies are common.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hey you know whats funny I typed in Iron Cross Kennels in google and at the bottom of the page was a link to that website the rip off report I guess that Roman dude seriously pissed someone off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guy's....I haven't been on here in awhile. Here is where I would like everyone to post pic's of your pitbull's and comment on others.....so I will be the first to show off. Rico is 80 pounds, 23 inch head and only 11 months old, but the thing that grabbed my attention was his unique coating, which is called "TICKING" or "TICKED" pretty rare to see ticking like this, usually the ticking is around the chest and legs only, or alittle here and there.......But he is all ticked. He is 25% Gotti and 75% Razor's Edge. He is registered through UKC with the Notorious Juan Gotti 3X's....GCH Razors Edge Throwin Knuckles....and many other grand champions and champions. And he's prolly the biggest baby in the world. What do you think about him? How big do you think he will get?
Nice!!!!! I have a 3 month old Xl American Bully white and blue ticked male pup

21 - 28 of 28 Posts