Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gracie is in heat.

What do you use to stop the blood spots. Ive put undies on her but they are soiled now. And yes i have seperated my boy from her, she is in a high secure cage run while i am at work :)
She is very clean, but there are bits that she is not going to clean up herelf.
Nappies? Do you make something?
Or just any handy tips will be appreciated!

Help :hammer:

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
I am interested in hearing about this since I am getting a female in the spring and I am not fixing her until 3yrs of age.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
well we went n bought the puppy diapers but they were like $20 for a pack of 20 n found the hole was too big for the tail and it kept sliding down {yes we had the right weight even tried the smaller size} but then figured out cuttin a hole on a normal pampers { or generic diaper for babys}work wayy better n you get a bag of like 70+ for under $20 n really you dont use that many for 1 heat.
I have heard of people using maxi pads and tenser bandages n stuff but i like the easy route and the velcro tabs make it simple.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
well we went n bought the puppy diapers but they were like $20 for a pack of 20 n found the hole was too big for the tail and it kept sliding down {yes we had the right weight even tried the smaller size} but then figured out cuttin a hole on a normal pampers { or generic diaper for babys}work wayy better n you get a bag of like 70+ for under $20 n really you dont use that many for 1 heat.
I have heard of people using maxi pads and tenser bandages n stuff but i like the easy route and the velcro tabs make it simple.
Interesting.... thank you for that info

·
Registered
14 Posts
A friend of mine found a velcro denim diaper and he actually put a wash cloth or something inside of the diaper. It had a hole for the tail and everything. Seemed to work for him..

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
I use doggy diapers for Riley. not the disposable ones because you run into size issues and wrong fits imo and are a waste of money but again..that is my opinion. I also put a maxi pad to line it..
Just make sure you change it frequently, and never leave it on too long..alot of bitches tend to pee alot while inheat so you have a risk of them peeing in it.

Peaches couldn't hold her bladder at all when she was intact. when she had to go she would squat where she was and just.......go. She soiled diapers moments after we let her in and put it back on. She is Spayed now so we don't have to deal with that anymore. I just Deal with Riley which she is very easy to care for.

Also, keep a book of her heat cycles. how long and when they start that way you can plan ahead with things such as shows ect.

for example:
Riley's first heat was April 2nd
Riley's second heat october 2nd

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
I use doggy diapers for Riley. not the disposable ones because you run into size issues and wrong fits imo and are a waste of money but again..that is my opinion. I also put a maxi pad to line it..
Just make sure you change it frequently, and never leave it on too long..alot of bitches tend to pee alot while inheat so you have a risk of them peeing in it.

Peaches couldn't hold her bladder at all when she was intact. when she had to go she would squat where she was and just.......go. She soiled diapers moments after we let her in and put it back on. She is Spayed now so we don't have to deal with that anymore. I just Deal with Riley which she is very easy to care for.

Also, keep a book of her heat cycles. how long and when they start that way you can plan ahead with things such as shows ect.

for example:
Riley's first heat was April 2nd
Riley's second heat october 2nd
I am being totally serious do female dogs get PMS? like do they have mood swings and stuff?

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone, i will go get some cheep nappies from the supermarket after work :)
I have not seen those jean ones in NZ, i will ask around.

"it's a hard life"

·
3,272 Posts
I am being totally serious do female dogs get PMS? like do they have mood swings and stuff?
well... yes kinda lol they can tend to be more aggressive even if they are not normally DA, My Lucy would not tolerate ANY dog near her during her first heat before she was fixed, she also when though some temperment issues with training, but it wasn't so bad.

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
Hormonal issues so i am sure to some degree (best person to ask would be PerformanceKnls) I only know what Riley has done and does do when she is inheat.
for instance Riley becomes even more less tolerant of dogs. more explosive and more unpredictable around them so she can't be around dogs period. She started fence fighting with Peaches a few weeks before she was due to go into heat and I had to add a soild plywood infront of it so she couldn't get ahold of Peaches ear again through the links. Another thing is she becomes a brat and wont listen before she goes into heat and once she is inheat she will act somewhat shy but more so she acts like a brat (not listening doing what she wants..) .
Peaches when she was inheat would be very timid and tuck her tail and act just flat out weird and very submissive but after the spay she is normal and had seemed to calm her territorial issues down aswell. It just depends on the dog I think.

Thanks everyone, i will go get some cheep nappies from the supermarket after work :)

"it's a hard life"
:rofl: she looks so misrable!

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts

"it's a hard life"
do this with an old pair of underwear, go to a dollar store and buy there fold out lawn chair maxi-pad looking things.
and whats awesome chlorophyl. if its been said already sorry i havent gone through the whole thread. chlorophyl masks a lot of the bitch's scent, its good for there digestive tract,and i noticed Tiva calmed down a bit.
i recommend the concentrated drops

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
good to know on the chlorophyl I didnt know that, as for the PMS I didnt notice it too bad with luna but it was only her 1st heat I have had to deal with she was a little more mellow and got very crazy playful as it came to an end Guess she was feelin better. but I did notice an appetite change it went down drastically and she prob lost a couple pounds during those few weeks { nothin bad she has extra to lose lol}.

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So got the nappies :) i thought she would rip them off but shes great with them on.

Her mood has definatly changed in the last few days. Moody little cow!

·
3,272 Posts
So got the nappies :) i thought she would rip them off but shes great with them on.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: glad its working out for you

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I wish my dogs would keep the panties on but they think its another chew toy. Oh well.

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts

You should watch out for the phantom Pregnancies aswell.. :rofl: My Riley is HUGE fatness right now. xD poor dog.

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was thinking that, I will go into a panic, even though i know for a fact she isnot pregas, i will still frett. haha

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
I think everyone does that... I don't have to worry too much since I own all bitches and when riley is in heat she is in the safe room and the fact she is with me 24-7 as it is nothing is getting near her. lol!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use a pair of boys underwater and a female pad for my dog. Place the pad in the undies and put them on the dog backwards so the tail can go the the opening on the underware.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts